This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks

I swear to god if I get one more look I might kill.This is the week of college move in and so the parents are here.I swear you guys know the looks.The look like they are looking at you like your trash.I just want to grab their neck and choke them. I look up at one point when I'm counting this womans money and shes giving me the poor trashy cashier girl look. I swear I wanted to grab her perfect hair and makeup ass and say at least I'm not living off my husband's wealth.

I hope you feel better after venting.
    Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

I used to get that 'look' at Marshall's. Apparently, folks who buy discount designer seconds feel like they can give attitude as well.
      I never got upset over it, though. Can't help but feel sorry for them if that's all they have to make them feel superior.
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

*Twitches*

Been there. Done that. Blew up another car engine.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

It makes me laugh sometimes though.Because about 50% of the time I'm dresses better then they are.As in nice dress pants and capris,sweater or blouse.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
            I swear to god if I get one more look I might kill.This is the week of college move in and so the parents are here.
            What do you do???

Comment

Ah the look. I know the look. I love blowing the minds of people who give me the look.

Like this past trip to Vegas. Me and a few of the other wives went forth to window shop. We wound up in a Tiffany's store with them looking about for things to beg from the husbands.

I am simple person. I don't wear a ton of jewelry. Only thing I wear constantly is the wedding ring. When the husband asked me if I wanted a video game or a sapphire bracelet for my birthday I told him not to be stupid and give me the game.

I'm standing there wearing jean shorts, sandals, a sleeveless t-shirt, and a Richard the Warlock sweat shirt due to the air conditioning being set to freezing. Yeah I got stares.

Anyways one saleslady walks over and basically ignores me while talking to the other women, who are obviously older then me and have more jewelry on.

I see an pretty necklace and asked to see it. I got told no by the girl, no actual reason, just that I couldn't see it. Even though the other women can try things on.

They caught the insult more then I did cause I honestly did not care enough. Said fellow women also went and told the husband.

Husband annoyed. Never annoy husband.

Now he's not dressed any better then me. Jean shorts and a t-shirt with a rather beaten pair of shoes he never remembers to tie correctly. We do not look like rich people.

He drags me back in and finds the most expensive things in the store. Even hunts down the girl who was snarky with me and has her wait on us. He's having her bring out all kinds of stuff and me putting it on. I'm of course going "Honey quit it, I'll never wear it enough..." and this is not getting registered. I even try the "We don't have the money" only for said husband to go "Of course we do I got that huge raise and the bonus..." and otherwise stating we have plenty of money to blow.

Now the rest of our group have caught on to his evil ways and are doing the same thing. We're talking of the store getting a large chunk of money if the men actually buy all this stuff. I'm the only one going "Quit pulling their legs guys!" I'm getting ignored by both my honey and co. and the workers who you can see tallying up commission.

Suddenly my husband goes "I would love to buy all of this, and I can afford it. BUT! You guys were mean to my wife. I'll go down to the small jewelry store on the other side and get her something nice from people who appreciate customers." All of the workers are looking heartbroken as we leave.

He did to. I got a nice little pearl pendant I wore the next night with my little black dress to the Phantom of the Opera.

Moral of the story: Don't insult the wives of nerds. They'll take you apart with extreme prejudice.
              "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                What do you do???
                I work in the hotel lobby in a candy store/gift shop in the biggest students union
                the US. So pretty much I deal with the some of the snottiest and richest people on the planet.I also have a lot of celebrities.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                  I also have a lot of celebrities.
                  Liiiiiiiike?
                  Tell! Tell!

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                    Liiiiiiiike?
                    Tell! Tell!
                    I have a lot of cubs players,ben stein,jeremy pivens,any cast of any play at the university(hairspray,cats,etc.) Colin Powell,and the funniest one had to be Marsha
                    Brady.The greatest one has to be the dali lama.
                    Basically anyone that performs or speaks at the university.So now you know why I have to look nice.I could go on and on. Tons of people

Comment

I often get those looks from ganster wannabes with their pants sagging to their ankles. I find it extremely hard to take someone seriously who's holding their crotch up. In fact, I usually have to keep from laughing at them.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

i know that look as well; after awhile, i just gave them a cold stare, which generally made the smarter ones drop the attitude for a few seconds.

if all they can do is get a 'superior' attitude from money/clothes/cars/whatever, then they have all the depth of a drying mud puddle, and aren't really worth it.

(i can feel the frustration)
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Mamadrae. you remind me of that wonderful scene in pretty woman. "Big mistake".
                          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
                            Suddenly my husband goes "I would love to buy all of this, and I can afford it. BUT! You guys were mean to my wife. I'll go down to the small jewelry store on the other side and get her something nice from people who appreciate customers." All of the workers are looking heartbroken as we leave.

He did to. I got a nice little pearl pendant I wore the next night with my little black dress to the Phantom of the Opera.

Moral of the story: Don't insult the wives of nerds. They'll take you apart with extreme prejudice.
                            Okay where can I find one like that??
                            The BEST revenge in retail story I have heard in a while.
                            "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

That jewelry store story blows me away! I worked in Jewel Mart (before it went bankrupt) and I can tell you, I was happy to take anyone's money whether they could afford it or not. Sounds to me like the little snots weren't so smart after all.......it all spends the same no matter where it came from.

My hubs would drown us in debt before allowing such a travesty to take place- but I do love jewelry

Comment

Working...
                              X