Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's word of the day:BULLS***!(language, duh)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
    I've never seen my store manager on register....but he's more than willing to push carts

running register is SO MUCH easier than pushing carts
    I know quite a few people like that, and I myself am that way sometimes. When I was in pricing I would rather do carts than check because it was a lot quicker to get finished. There's a finite number of carts, there's an infinite number of customers though.

When I was in grocery and produce, I would have rather cashiered (oh wait, I hated produce...).
    Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

I just walk away

I get up to a store register area, and there's 20+ registers and 2 are open, and the line of people waiting to checkout is long. Well, someone will just have to restock what ever I had, because I will abandon it in the line and leave.

I know it's not the register clerk's fault, he or she would welcome more open registers. But my time is my own, and beyond a reasonable wait, I can always find another time and place to shop.

Comment

One of the handful of lines that I hated to hear in Geek Squad was: "You need to hire more people!" (What made this worse was that we had enough people to cover the department, but corporate was so stingy with hours that a couple of us started working another job just to make ends meet.)

This was usually in response to having to help five customers at once, check in 10 computers, answer the phone that was ringing off the hook, drop everything I was doing every five minutes to check a return or call in an in-home (because the sales reps were too lazy to do it themselves) and a store manager breathing down my neck because the counter looks like a nuclear bomb went off. All while being the only one on staff in the department. And when I begged one of the managers to call someone in, I was merely told that I need to learn "how to stack customers" and everything would be okay.

So, no shit, Captain Obvious. Why are you telling me this? Why don't you grab that store manager that just bitched at me and tell him that I shouldn't be running the entire department by myself? Why don't you call corporate and tell them that?

Oh, wait, I know the answer. It's easier to bitch at the lowly technician that can't do anything about it and has already planned to jump as soon as something better comes along.
        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
        X