This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Buttface

Last night, at 5 MINUTES AFTER CLOSING, a woman came up to me and asked me to help her find some whole Boston butt. It wasn't where it usually was, so I simply said that we must be out (Did I mention it was 5 minutes after closing time?). She told me to go check in the back.

1. I have only been working here for about a month, and I only work the front end, bagging, sweeping, mopping, trash duty, etc. If someone asks me to put an item back on the shelf, it takes me damn near 10 minutes to find it.

2. The meat department's "back" is not the same as our "back". It's some sort of hidden Batcave chock full of meat that I've never seen.

I told her this and apologized, and she made a cat butt face and walked off, saying, "You don't even know what Boston butt is", in a really shitty tone. I shambled off to the back to fill up the mop bucket and make derogatory remarks about her promiscuity to nobody in particular.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

"No, but I know a Boston ass when I see one" (if you live in Boston. If not, insert your own city. )

I had to look that up myself as I'd never heard of Boston butt.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
      "No, but I know a Boston ass when I see one" (if you live in Boston. If not, insert your own city. )

I had to look that up myself as I'd never heard of Boston butt.
      It's the shoulder of the pig, contrary to popular belief. Used to make pulled-pork barbecue most of the time.
      It's gooooooood.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

hope it tastes better than it sounds lol.

stupid lady should have learned that stores are better stocked when they're - *GASP* - open.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
          I told her this and apologized, and she made a cat butt face and walked off, saying, "You don't even know what Boston butt is", in a really shitty tone.
          I don't think i could say this with a straight face to anyone for any reason.
          Last edited by Ree; 08-31-2008, 04:29 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Comment

Yesterday, I was walking around with my granddaughter at the local fair and happened to notice the banner on the back side of a concession stand.
            It said, "Pork butt on a stick"
            I thought, "MMMM, sounds tasty."
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

she made a cat butt face and walked off, saying, "You don't even know what Boston butt is", in a really shitty tone.
              "I can recognize the one standing in front of me just fine."

And here I thought it was a politer/more obfuscated way of saying "Masshole".
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

And now I'm wondering if there's a place I can go to get a pulled pork sandwich for breakfast. Probably not in this godforsaken place of dry beef brisket.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  And now I'm wondering if there's a place I can go to get a pulled pork sandwich for breakfast. Probably not in this godforsaken place of dry beef brisket.
                  I'm having brisket for dinner. Yum. (Wait, it's Labor Day, aren't we supposed to be BBQing? My parents are weird.)

/ot
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    I'm having brisket for dinner. Yum. (Wait, it's Labor Day, aren't we supposed to be BBQing? My parents are weird.)

/ot
                    You can BBQ brisket, it comes out great, just really time consuming. You almost smoke it, then allow it to slow cook over some great apple chips. Perfection
                    Tamezin

Comment

I shambled off to the back to fill up the mop bucket and make derogatory remarks about her promiscuity to nobody in particular.
                      Totally love that turn of phrase. <3

Quoth Ree View Post
                      Yesterday, I was walking around with my granddaughter at the local fair and happened to notice the banner on the back side of a concession stand.
                      It said, "Pork butt on a stick"
                      I thought, "MMMM, sounds tasty."
                      I am convinced that you can sell anything "on a stick." I've seen some frightening examples: sausage wrapped with pancake sold in the freezer section, deep fried twinkies on a stick. If I could just figure out how to sell fried rice on a stick, I'd be a total winner!
                      Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
                        If I could just figure out how to sell fried rice on a stick, I'd be a total winner!
                        Like a kind of corn on the cob?

@OP, it sucks big time when they don't get the fact you're new and don't know everything/where everything is. Especially after closing time, she should have realise it was time to leave. Boo to her.

Comment

Working...
                        X