This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance Priced Apparel

We have clearance priced apparel on sale for an additional 40% off right now.

So...by that statement would you think towels are included?

Sadly, I have had to tell way more than 1 person that towels are not apparel.

But...but...um...crap I knew I had a good come back for wearing towels but I lost it.

Comment

well, the owner was walking around in a towel earlier today... (I'll post the full story in the funny stories thread in general work chat).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        well, the owner was walking around in a towel earlier today...
        Beats walking around in a washcloth, eh?
        "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
        -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
          Beats walking around in a washcloth, eh?
          ah and I just finished the vodka that EQ had virtually provided (actually I borrowed from a roomies stash, with permission) when I read that... agh, bad visual that I can't get out of my head... ahhhhhh

now I need more vodka
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

But you should never leave home without your towel, so it could technically be counted as apparel (just kidding, just kidding)
            "You're a ninja. You can't be a fan of pirate rock"

Comment

I'm impressed some stores still use the word "apparel". Not only is it no one really uses outside of the work/business, but I'd be willing to wager half the people in any given mall don't know what it actually means. Only that it indicates a place where things might me may of cloth.

You don't see it much around here, its been mostly replaced by "Wear". Men's wear, Women's wear, etc. All you need to do is replace part of the product name with the associated verb and even the most primitive ape creatures will be able to grasp what the store contains.

You'll see, 10 years from now you'll be going down the aisles and the signs will just say "Stuff to watch", "Stuff to eat", "Stuff to make owwie stop", "Stuff to grant FIRE", "Stuff to make stop burning when pee", etc etc. ;p

Comment

I tried to get the word 'obviate' dusted off the other week at a board meeting. It got edited out.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  I tried to get the word 'obviate' dusted off the other week at a board meeting. It got edited out.

Rapscallion
                  I had a micro manager who used to "correct" my letters and memos. I'd write something like "So far we have not received an answer to my correspondence of the 13th" He would cross out "So far" and put "At this particular point in time".

I tried "Now" and "As of today" and he would find it and cross it out and arrrrrggggg make me look like a dork who could not write plain English (as she is spoke).

Comment

Quoth Mistress of Foxes View Post
                    But you should never leave home without your towel, so it could technically be counted as apparel (just kidding, just kidding)
                    Tee hee! I agree!

I "wear" two towels when I get out of the shower. One wrapped around my hair and a HUGE one around me. It can be rather fashionable if I'm wearing the right earrings!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Good job Ford Prefect and Authur Dent never forgot theirs.
                      "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
                      set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                        I "wear" two towels when I get out of the shower. One wrapped around my hair and a HUGE one around me. It can be rather fashionable if I'm wearing the right earrings!
                        Oooooooooooh, me too!!!
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well I am reminded of "Towel Girl"... That's what Daniel Radcliffe called her... some gal showed up to one of the premiers (movie 1 I think) wearing only a towel... (cos nothing gets between her and Harry...)

So... maybe she can get a discount...

and since i'm feeling geeky ... how about a sale on them too? $4.42!

Comment

Quoth SushiSteph View Post
                            We have clearance priced apparel on sale for an additional 40% off right now.

Sadly, I have had to tell way more than 1 person that towels are not apparel.

You are so mean, the sheet sized bath towels make great Togas
                            Tamezin

Comment

Working...
                            X