This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You were closed at 2AM

I sure this has been said before,but why do people think we have no lives.I've had customers come down and say"You were closed at 2:30 am,I need some tylenol." I usually snap right back.Yes I know I was at home. Do these people think that we have no homes. Good lord people at 2:30 am I'm home asleep getting pushed out of bed by two fat pommies,fat cat and tossing and turning husband. On second thought maybe I would rather be working.

Unil I accidentally erased it, I had saved on our company voicemail a long rant from a douchewaffle who slowly worked himself into a fit because we (get this) had the temerity to be closed on the fourth of July. It was awesome! There was a point where he just snapped and completely lost it! I used to listen to it every time I needed a laugh. I also played it for all the fiedl techs so they could hear what kind of assholes the sales reps occasionally get to deal with.

Comment

No No No....you guys have lives, even IF you have to work stupid hours or on national holidays.

It's the worthless rectalnuggets who INSIST on shopping on national holidays and who get their two-sizes-too-small panties in a bunch over a store being *gasp* CLOSED on a national holiday who are the ones who truly have no life.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You can blame the 24-hour stores like Walgreens for that. That chain makes a big deal of being open whenever...and people seem to think that *every* drug store is like that
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Part of a Mitch Hedberg routine came to mind:

I was walking by a dry cleaner at 3 a.m., and it said "Sorry, we're closed." You don't have to be sorry. It's 3 a.m., and you're a dry cleaner. It would be ridiculous for me to expect you to be open. I'm not gonna walk by at ten and say, "Hey, I walked by at three, you guys were closed. Someone owes me an apology. This jacket would be halfway done!"
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

I was walking by a dry cleaner at 3 a.m., and it said "Sorry, we're closed." You don't have to be sorry. It's 3 a.m., and you're a dry cleaner. It would be ridiculous for me to expect you to be open. I'm not gonna walk by at ten and say, "Hey, I walked by at three, you guys were closed. Someone owes me an apology. This jacket would be halfway done!"
            R.I.P. Mr. Mitch
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Jeez...at least at hotels like where I work we do have to be open all the time! Though, thank heaven, I don't have to work graveyard shifts, since I'm in an office and not front desk or something like that. (Note: Those who do graveyard earn my eternal respect. I couldn't do it!)

But I'll say that it's interesting having moved to a small town where the liquor store closes at 7 PM. The grocery store at 9. 9:30 during the summer. Not that I'm a regular late-night shopper, but there've been a few times when I got off at 9 and would have loved to drop by the store for something. Or after a bad day the liquor store!

I didn't realize how used I'd gotten to stores being open until midnight, if not 24 hours. But I certainly never called and bitched them out for daring to be closed.

Comment

I live very close to the store I work at

a "customer" saw me on my front porch and wanted to know why the store was not opened, we close at 9Pm the guy comes in often enough that I know him but really since he lives across the street from the store the fact that he does not know that we close at 9 and only comes in once every 4 or 5 months

I told him its after 9 he says that's stupid and too early to close you should still be open

he looked at me expectantly like I should go open it for him or something ,

geeze leave me a lone and go to another store that is open just down the street, you would be there already had you not chosen to grill me

I just said nope its closed see ya later and went inside my house

Comment

Wow, can't say I've ever had neighbors bug me while I was at home. I think I'd go insane.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    You can blame the 24-hour stores like Walgreens for that. That chain makes a big deal of being open whenever...and people seem to think that *every* drug store is like that
                    Hey, try working at a non-24 hour Walgreens.

Pain. In. The. Ass.

I get a lot of "But.. but.. but.. the commercial says!" *pouty face*

One day I'm going to snap and tell a customer that I have yet to see a commercial that says that specifically the store in Boulder Colorado is open 24 hours. Or even one that says ALL stores are open 24 hours. Now, I don't watch a lot of t.v., but the last one I saw says "Many are open 24 hours"

There are very few 24 hours stores in my area. A crapload of stores, but almost all are open 8am-10pm.

It's not cost effective for the stores to be open 24 hours around here.

In fact my little non-24 hour store outsells the two 24 hour stores, every single day. With 10 less hours.

And our 24 hour stores get robbed.. a lot. Apparently a pharmacy being open at 2 a.m. is an open invitation for people to come in with a gun and take all the drugs they want.

Lose money AND get robbed? No thanks, I'll stick with closing at 10.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

That's exactly why I opened this thread, because I was reminded of that! RIP Mitch.
                      "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Last December 26th, I took an EARFUL from a customer who was infuriated that we had the gall to close for...GASP!...Christmas!

Never mind that Xmas is one of only THREE FREAKING DAYS we are closed all year! (this was a call center).

I seriously wanted to smack a bit of specialized "Holiday cheer" into that woman.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                          I had saved on our company voicemail a long rant from a douchewaffle who slowly worked himself into a fit because we (get this) had the temerity to be closed on the fourth of July.
                          When I worked at Nordstrom, back when they still closed on five holidays a year, I had the same thing happen with a customer. She was incredibly upset that we would not be open on Independence Day so she could spend the day shopping.

I told her the company felt that it was appropriate for employees to be home with their families on that very important holiday. I got a cat-butt face from her, but she shut up.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                          X