This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I Look Like I Have Time For This?!

A couple of weeks back I was in work and for some reason we had a huge rush of people with only 3 of us working on a full restaurant. This led to me having about 7 tables to serve/deal with at any one time. As you can imagine its a really stressful situation and everyone is helping each other as much as possible, but still....its insane. This makes it optimum time for SC's so I'm trying my best to be as nice as possible and serve as quick as a flash. It goes as follows:

PD - Me
    PAG - Petty Arguement Guy
    PAGW - PAG's Wife

PD *practically RUNNING up to the table, visibly stressed*: Hey, sorry about the delay, just suddenly all took off. I'll get you sorted as soon as possible.
    PAGW: That's no problem at all. *She goes on to be great and reel off the order to husband and kids and then relay it to me*
    PD: Brilliant, thanks very much, makes things so much easi.....
    I'm cut off by PAG
    PAG: I have a problem.
    PD: I'm terribly sorry, can I ask what it is? Maybe I can help?
    PAG : *jabs at the menu* Why don't these meal deals come with desserts in the price any more? They should. Why has it changed?
    PD : *thinking, why now? why me?* I'm sorry, I don't really know the answer, head office deals with all of that. I can only assume it wasn't selling that well so they changed it up.
    PAG: But why? I always ordered it.
    PD: *noticing the glares from other people*. I guess it just wasn't popular enough.
    PAGW : *just cutting him off from another moan* You can see how busy she is, and she doesn't know, just leave her go do her job!

At this point I manage to escape and continue on with my other tables, now all quite crabby. Who on earth argues over a meal deal during that busy time of day, making an arse of themselves in the process? He even managed to continue his complaint while paying. Now at this point I offer to get a manager for him (its much calmer now) to which he says, "Na, I'm just saying you know?"

AAAHHHH!

All I can say is, "Thank God for that awesome wife."

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that asshats usually have awesome spouses?

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
        Many of them. Other ones tag-team with their spouses.

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
          AG: But why? I always ordered it.
          Just because one person always ordered it, that doesn't mean they'll keep it. Sadly, I can attest to this. Sometimes I get the feeling someone is following me around and finding what I like, and then getting the places to discontinue it.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            Just because one person always ordered it, that doesn't mean they'll keep it. Sadly, I can attest to this. Sometimes I get the feeling someone is following me around and finding what I like, and then getting the places to discontinue it.

But I'm sure you don't bitch at the hapless server for it, like the asshat in the OP's story.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              oh yeah... once I find something I like I know not to get too attached... it will be disconinued shortly after I do...
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

GOD! I hated situations like this when I was a server.

Most of the time it's assinine stuff they ask you in the middle of a HUGE rush. I just never understood it.

My usual response probably had to be so off-putting to them because all I could do was stand there like a deer in headlights because what they did, in my opinion, was blindside me with their bullshit and I was just too busy to deal with it.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                  Very rarely. With the tourists we get it's a hit or miss.

I had one guy pay for a very small order with a hundred dollar bill. I was low on 20's but I had a 50 from an earlier transaction so I give him that as a part of his change to keep my larger bills stocked.

Tourist Husband
                  Tourist Wife

TH: Can I break this 50 down?
                  TW: Come on Bob, there's a long line. We'll break it later.

Most of the time they just remain quiet while their significant other rants and raves.

Comment

Oh no, not the dreaded "But I always bought it" excuse/rant

My Dad does this all the time, and will try to corner some hapless employee about it, but I always talk him out of it.

I fear it's only going to get worse because he's only going to get grouchier about it with age.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                      Other ones tag-team with their spouses.
                      I'll bet they do.

Rapscallion

Comment

Some people just like to argue and will do it anytime, any day. His wife rocks, though. Hopefully it'll rub off on him.
                        "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                        X