This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunks on the Phone

So I have some catching up to do. This didn't happen tonight but one night last week this drunk guy called my work and this guy was more funny than sucky. Actually, this guy probably made that the best phone call for this month.

I work as a PBX operator/dispatcher at a hospital and I take over patient information at night. This guy calls concerning his fiance who just happens to be in ICU (intensive care unit (i wonder if she is still his fiance, anyway))...

He wanted me to give him permission to sleep in the waiting room upstairs outside of the ICU. Laughing and knowing he was three sheets to the wind I said, "sure, if you can some how find your way to the hospital and make it past my deputy at the front door, then by all means, have a party in that waiting room (knowing he'd never make it past the deputy).

Anyway, this drunk just carries on and on for about 45 minutes. We talked about everything. Politics, police officers, careers, medical insurance, retirement, what he did with his life and etc. etc. and after every sentence he would say "you know what i mean?" No not really, but I played along. LOL!

As unprofessional as it was, I just couldn't hang up on him, I was having way to much fun. Drunks can be hilarious if you let them. and I let him.

Anyway, out of all the sucky customers that we deal with, don't we just adore the ones that make us laugh (at them, not with them)?

Nice. It looks like you got a double bonus. Not only were you entertained, but you helped a drunk let off some steam and kept him off the road. Well done.
    I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
    -The Amazing E
    Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Working...
    X