Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you leave your fridge door open at home????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you leave your fridge door open at home????

I have worked at my job for almost three years now. There is this rich old bitch,shes not friendly at all. Well for the last three years she comes in every couple weeks and buys a milk.She leaves the fridge door open and then when she comes up to pay,she get so close to the person in front of her that I'm surprised noone has yelled at her. She is usually standing so close that her boobs are touching the person's back.And as shes standing there she huffs and puffs and catbutt face.What makes me so mad that she is told everytime to shut the cooler and she does.I mean you think in three years she would learn.It also makes me mad,she just gives off that screw you peon vibe.(you know what I mean).I had a woman do this standing too close to me at walmart and told her off. Do people think that if they have money and power that they should just do whatever they want.I believe this bitch is a lawyer.

She probably tailgates too and drives around with her car windows down and the air conditioner going full blast.

Comment

She's clearly too busy and important for manners.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Um... yus.
        ....Sometimes it looks closed, but isn't! It's just almost closed. It fools you!

Recently I noticed a freezer unit at my local Kroger with a door that doesn't shut properly either, causing lots of ice crystals to form all over the nearby Freschetta pizza boxes. It'll close if you actually push on it, but unlike all the other doors, will not close itself. It goes most of the way and stops.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Usually, a fridge (or upright freezer) will close and seal itself, due to the inside air cooling (and thus contracting) as it approaches the closed position. With the door open, there is a current of warmer air due to interaction with the room, but the cold inside surface is continuously attempting to cool this air, and when the door is nearly shut, it begins to succeed because the flow of warm air is cut off. This is also why, for the first few seconds after the door is closed, it is much harder to open again.

If a fridge door *fails* to behave like the above, then there is something wrong. Possibly there is a blockage in the door hinge, or the inside surface is not as conducting away as much heat as it should be. Sometimes you can cure this problem by defrosting thoroughly (and removing any water left behind) - ice is a surprisingly good insulator and is also a good candidate for blocking the door. If defrosting doesn't work, it probably needs to be serviced by an expert.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            Um... yus.
            ....Sometimes it looks closed, but isn't! It's just almost closed. It fools you!
            Somehow I suspect this is not the case. I suspect she leaves the door hanging open in such a way that anyone who is in any way related to me (even marriage) to pipe up with "Were you born in barn??? Shut the door!"

Threaten her with higher milk prices. Not just Irritating Customer tax, but teh whole we have to pay for the energy you're wasting thing. I have always been told fridge units go thru power like frat boys go thru beer.

Comment

but remember that we (meaning us retail robots and the "evil" companies we work for) have unlimited amounts of product and monetary resources, so why on Gods green earth would we care if someone caused mucho $$$'s of product to spoil???? we got tons more stuff in that myterious "Back room"
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

When someone stands too close behind me, I pretend to not notice it, then I make a kind of swooning re-arrangement of posture and reclaim the personal space behind me. It is hard to describe this in mere words, but I could demonstrate in person what I mean. I'm sure some of you already have an idea what I am talking about. Basically, you almost "accidentally" slug the person with your elbow, then say "Ooh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice you were standing so close, are you OK? I didn't hit you, did I?"
                I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

I was at a grocery store (as a customer) and noticed a ice cream freezer that was not shutting

i looked at it and saw some dumb ass had put a pencil in the door in a way that kept the door from closing I took it out and shut the door , some people have no life ( whether that's me for noticing or the dumb ass who did it , I am not sure

Comment

Quoth simpleyme View Post
                    I was at a grocery store (as a customer) and noticed a ice cream freezer that was not shutting

i looked at it and saw some dumb ass had put a pencil in the door in a way that kept the door from closing I took it out and shut the door , some people have no life ( whether that's me for noticing or the dumb ass who did it , I am not sure
                    Hey I think I seen the guy that did that.Hes the same dumbass that was bragging that he flunked one of college finals. Why are you spending $20,000 a year on college if you not going to do the work.

Comment

On topic with your title, my ex-roomie, the Tumor, left the fridge open all day one day and "spoiled" my milk. So, he threw it away and did not replace it(until I yelled at him). It was only a half gallon, it wasn't spoiled. Yeah, it won't last as long now, but it wasn't spoiled.

So, yes. There ARE ppl who are too lazy to close the fridge, even at home.
                      Check out my cosplay social group!
                      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        we got tons more stuff in that myterious "Back room"
                        One of these days it might be nice to label a door backroom and have it lead to a piranha feeding pit

SC: Don't you have more in the back?

Me: I don't know, but the door to the back is right over there if you want to see for yourself.

Granted I don't work retail or anything, but its nice to dream once in awhile

Comment

She is usually standing so close that her boobs are touching the person's back.
                          hopefully the person will turn around and be as big chested as she is... and give her the OMG-surprise of her life.

Or just turn around and say, "not tonight, luv. You charge too much for a half hour"

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                            There is this rich old bitch,shes not friendly at all.

What makes me so mad that she is told everytime to shut the cooler and she does.I mean you think in three years she would learn.
                            We all know the old saying: "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." In THIS case, it seems to be: "You can't teach an old bitch new tricks."
                            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Working...
                            X