This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents today suck

What is it with parents today.They fail to see the consquences of anything. I was in CVS one day and there were two kids maybe 7-8 years old and they were playing with the blood pressure machine,seems like those things are kid magnets.Anyways they play with it for a while and I hear them turn it on and one of them has their arms in it. So I get my prescriptions and I see their so called mother( more like sperm catcher) and I walked by her and say to my hubby see that big sign that says no children,that machine will break that kids arm in a few mins.And then the lazy stupid mother will then try to sue. The mothers face was priceless.And guess what she ran right over and got the kids off the machine. She was over looking at the powder boxed donuts,I know thats more important then your kids lady. My husband gets mad when I do this stuff.He tells me to mind my own business(mind you he works in a non customer field).I just feel like it is my business when I see a kid about to get a broken arm (do to a woman that should have had her vagina sewn up a long time ago). Some parents think oh my kids can't get hurt in a cvs for a example. I swear there should be a IQ test for being a parents.Theres a test for driving a car. I should had let the machine break the kids arm(I know that's bad).I would have stood up for the store even tesified,I'm sure she would had sued. As course she would be the best mother in the world then.

Those things aren't strong enough to break even a five year old's arm.

Well, unless they are a few thousand times stronger than they were 20+ years ago...
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post

Well, unless they are a few thousand times stronger than they were 20+ years ago...
      I dunno they hurt my arm and I'm 29 years old. They must not be good for kids or they would have signs on them saying no kids.

Comment

Maybe because a kid might try to pull away, thus a possibility of injuries (maybe not quite a broken arm) or damage to the machine.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I've had them get so tight they have left nice ring bruises about my arm.

Comment

Whether they could or would break an arm, they are not toys. The parents need to be supervising their children and not letting them play with equipment like that.

Comment

and at 7 or 8 they can read enough to know what "no children" means. and the parents shouldn't let them run around by themselves anyway

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post

oh yeah, those things are POWERFUL! When I was a little kid, I stuck my arm in one once. My mom screamed at me to get away from the thing, but it'd already started getting tight and kept getting tight. I had to wait for it to stop before I could get my arm out. During the time, I started crying because I tried to move my arm a tiny bit upwards and just had bolts of pain shoot through my arm. I've no doubt, those things can break a limb.

I haven't used one since.
                We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

As someone who has to stick her arm in one of those machines every. damn. day. I can attest that you can pump them up quite high and they don't release the pressure anywhere near as fast as the old fahioned by hand kind do - so yes, I can see how a kid could do some damage to themselves quite easily.
                  I think this is why many places have the machines hiding in a little cubicle off to the side of the pharmacy counter - you have to really hunt for one some places.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                    I think this is why many places have the machines hiding in a little cubicle off to the side of the pharmacy counter - you have to really hunt for one some places.
                    Not at my store. Ours is on the wall right outside the pharmacy.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Our flight simulator is off limits to kids under 12. Not because they can get hurt, but because the transmitter(BTW: one of those costs over $200) has been broken 2 or 3 times before by kids. Not only that, but the simulator is NOT A VIDEO GAME. Nor is it a baby sitter while you go to other stores.

You should have a liscense to have kids.
                      Check out my cosplay social group!
                      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Whether it could hurt the kid or not, kid shouldn't have been playing on the machine. Mom should have been watching her kid instead of leaving her to get into things she shouldn't be into. OP was a bit PA in saying what she did, though, rather than tell the mom straight out or tell an employee.
                        "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I don't know I guess I expect all parents to be like my mom. When we were kids mom knew what we were going to do before we even done it. For example mom would say yeah you can go to Julie's house but don't you go to that party at kellys.How did she know that. Parents are morons today,they want to have the kids but don't want the hassle of raising them.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                            I Parents are morons today,they want to have the kids but don't want the hassle of raising them.
                            You said it. My mom would've reamed me out if I went into something I wasn't supposed to, but she always kept an eye on me and my sisters to make sure of it.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Moved this to sightings, because that's what it is. Also, any more comments about parents needing to be licenced et al and the thread will be closed. That's a pure Fratching comment, and that fact has been mentioned enough times on this site. Confine comments to parents not policing their children's actions, or to children doing what they ought not to. Social change is off limits.

And IMO, the vagina sewing comment was inappropriate at the least.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X