This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sweet customer

Bit of background; we've just started selling Easter sweets and we have Creme Eggs instore. A customer came up to pay for his petrol and the eggs caught his eye.

Customer: I'll have two of those, please. One for me and one for the wife.
    Me: The eggs are actually three for the price of two.
    Customer: I'm not sure if either of us could manage a third one, but I'll get it anyway.

He pays, then hands the third egg to me. "Here you go!" he says, brightly. "Hope this makes your day just that little bit better!"

Thank you, kind customer, for raising my faith in humanity. And yes, it did brighten my day.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Aww! What a lovely thing to do

Comment

One time, a nice customer gave me a bag of some chocolate candy (I forget which), which I appreciated.

Comment

There's an elderly gent who comes into my store regularly and insists on handing out hard candies to every employee he sees (and at times other customers). I have a bit of a collection of them, since I don't all that frequently eat them, but it's very hard to decline such things from a kindly elderly person who seems to be taking a great deal of pleasure in the matter.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

<looks at posted date>

What? Your store is putting out Easter stuff already??? We're catching flak for putting out Valentine's Day merchandise here!

Comment

I just came home from a weekend at my sister's to find someone had gifted me the Cards Against Humanity game. I don't know the person but I recall seeing his name. I'm pretty sure it was a customer. Sure made my night.
            "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

One of our bakery chains (a Delight to visit) has given up and now puts out hot cross buns all year round. They just take off one of the lines for the rest of the year and add the second line in about February/March. I think that's quite clever actually.
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                <looks at posted date>

What? Your store is putting out Easter stuff already??? We're catching flak for putting out Valentine's Day merchandise here!
                Our Easter sweets go out the day after Boxing Day. It's a bit sad, really.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Our Easter sweets go out the day after Boxing Day. It's a bit sad, really.
                  I'd have thought that Valentine's Day would be first *is bemused*
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    Silly, if it makes sense, it's not allowed!
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                      Valentine's Day is not really much of a thing in a lot of countries. Australia is the same as England - hot cross buns were on sale on Dec 26.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                        hot cross buns were on sale on Dec 26.
                        And not-so-hot, cross customers can be found in stores year-round.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

There's creme eggs and chocolate bunnies in the same aisle as the valentines candy at the local not-so-super mart of walls.

There's also an aisle with squirt guns, beach balls and a couple inflatable pools already.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            And not-so-hot, cross customers can be found in stores year-round.
                            *lol* That goes without saying!

Comment

yeah we get those at my job also that like to hand out the candies

Comment

Working...
                              X