Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell would make you want this?

Back in my coffee slinging days I used to work the opening shift. The ASM and I would arrive around 4:00-4:15 to open at 5. Everyday there was this dude who would either arrive the moment we opened the doors, or sometimes would wait outside until we did. To be honest he wasn't sucky per se, just a real creep show. He had this real high pitched voice, eyes that were always open REALLY wide, and always smelled like booze. ASM and I didn't mind him so much, but everyday for months his demeanor just got crazier.

Here are some examples, they started out as just weird statements, and got worse over time.

CrazyDude: You boys know how many hookers I've had? (. . . Should we?) Me neither!

CD: Yeah I had to drown my dog last night, he was real sick (WTF??? We werent sure he ever HAD a dog, at least I really hope he didnt because he said that a few times over the months)

CD: You boys like, boyfriends or something? (nope, two straight boys here, don't know where he got that idea)

CD: You boys ever wonder what yellow sounds like? (Wow, that's deep. . . still weird)

So everyday he would impart some statement or question until one day, he came running up to the door, and starting pounding on the glass. We thought maybe he was in a hurry today so we let him in.

He usually got a triple shot latte. That day he wanted two large cups (20 oz) of pure espresso.

. . . .

. . . .

Yup, he wanted 40 oz of espresso. I didn't know what to say, I mean, yeah it can be done but SHOULD IT? Nothing good can come from that much espresso. I looked at ASM and he said to sell it to him. I told CD it would be really expensive, if i remember right it was almost $200 since we had no way to ring it up except each one individually, CD just said hurry up! So it takes awhile and when I am done, he pays in cash (he had a wad! ) then CHUGGED BOTH CUPS!!!!

I was at a loss for words, that's 40 fucking oz of espresso and it was HOT, he had to have burned his throat or something. Maybe he did, because he tried to talk and some kind of croak/moan came out. Then he peeled a 100 from his wad, threw it in the tip jar, saluted us (yes, saluted us) then ran from the store.

We never saw him again.

That is a bit crazy but I'm sure that $100 tip was nice!
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

You DID make sure the money was real, right? Either way, guy had some ISSUES. Wow.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

That...is...pure...crazy. That's worse than a Sputnik! We need a new name for this drink order. At least the tip was good!
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          That...is...pure...crazy. That's worse than a Sputnik! We need a new name for this drink order. At least the tip was good!

I am open to name suggestions

Comment

"I MUST GO, MY PLANET NEEDS ME."
            *sir, you cannot fly*
            " AH, BUT I CAN VIBRATE THROUGH THE AIR WITH ENOUGH CAFFINEEEEEEEE"
            Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
            Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
            -Unknown Author

Comment

Dr. Zoom 100
              The 100 yard dash across coals.
              Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
              Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

How about the delorean?

With that much in him, he must be able to go back in time.

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I hope he didn't have a heart attack and die! I mean, maybe that's why he didn't come in anymore. OK, I'm sad now. Anyway, LSD gives you the ability to taste or hear colors. What? I didn't take it; someone I know did. To this day her favorite color is purple because "it tasted the best".
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ok, I'm thinking he didn't come back cause he either ended up in the morgue or in a room of his own, with nice padding on all the walls. Let's hope for the latter.

Or maybe he survived, and was jolted enough to realize he had to get back on his meds, LOL.

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

He used his caffeine powers to save people from a fire.

"I think we were rescued by an orange blur!"

Comment

Coffeespeed

The weirdest guy I had order coffee from me - He wanted a 20oz mocha - with 8 shots in it. There was about 1" room for the chocolate milk. After he saw my eyes bug out, I asked him if that felt weird, with all that caffeine. He said, "nope, I've already had 2 full pots of black coffee today."
                        He kept on to tell me that he'd been released from prison, on a conviction of making meth. And, I asked, of course, did he use? He told me yes - and that because he'd used it, he needed the coffee to help him be somewhat like his body had back then.
                        Damn. Haven't seen him either.
                        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I shouldn't laugh but that was funny.

besides it sounds like some of the weird shit i use to order. like going to starbucks and asking for a red eye ... they stopped to verify "did you really want a cup of coffee with 3 shots of espresso?"

Me: um... no make it a quad!
                          Barrista man:

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            I shouldn't laugh but that was funny.

besides it sounds like some of the weird shit i use to order. like going to starbucks and asking for a red eye ... they stopped to verify "did you really want a cup of coffee with 3 shots of espresso?"

Me: um... no make it a quad!
                            Barrista man:
                            Back before I ended up with malignant hypertension my favorite bedtime beverage was a 24 oz espresso. I miss espresso

[Rob and I could go through a pound of standard coffee of a saturday between us.]
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Freak View Post
                              He used his caffeine powers to save people from a fire.

"I think we were rescued by an orange blur!"
                              Has somebody watched Futurama? When Fry drank all that coffee and rescued everyone from the fire?
                              "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                              X