X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth marlovino View Post
    How about the delorean?

With that much in him, he must be able to go back in time.

Naw, alternate-reality jumper. At least judging by the quantum leaps in logic he seemed to be making.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
      That is a bit crazy but I'm sure that $100 tip was nice!
      For the one hundred dollars alone I can forgive him. Having to deal with crazy people for free is bad enough, but so long as they are generous with their funds my loyalty can be bought.

Comment

It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
        It is by the beans of java that my thoughts aquire speed
        The hands aquire shakes
        The shakes become a warning

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          Back before I ended up with malignant hypertension my favorite bedtime beverage was a 24 oz espresso. I miss espresso
          Ok hypertension I get but what is malignant hypertension?

And what kind of maroon spends 200 bucks on coffee? It'd be waaaaaaaay cheaper to buy your own and just make it home.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            Ok hypertension I get but what is malignant hypertension?

And what kind of maroon spends 200 bucks on coffee? It'd be waaaaaaaay cheaper to buy your own and just make it home.
            I popped 210/190 when I showed up for pre-operative shenanigans. They admitted me and gave me something to drop my BP back down to a more normal 110/80. If I don't take 4 different meds for it, it creeps quickly back to roughly that level. I happen to believe that it is a result of a different med I was on at the time when the liquiprep to clear out my intestinal tract caused severe dehydration, triggering a serious migraine that had me vomiting on the way to pre-op. I was *not* a happy camper that day.

And for $200 I can get a decent pound of espresso grind coffee and an espresso maker. With milk foamer.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Maybe all that coffee triggered a form of Synesthesia. Wouldn't surprised me a bit. (Though it is fun tasting colors, I'll bet. Wonder what fuschia tastes like?) Would be appropriate for the Fry references, too, as some theories hold that he's got a form of Synesthesia.

Comment

Damn 2 20oz of pure espresso? Beat me...back in the days of university had a starbucks on campus. They had one of those punch cards where every 10th drink is free no matter what.

I would buy americanos for the first 9 then the free one get a mocha and such...well one time I decided..give me as many shots as can fit in it. It was like 16 shots of expresso cause with the chocolate milk. It did feel like I had successfully slowed down time cause everything seemed to be slow even if it was happening quicker in other peoples time. Played D&D that day

But that much? Damn I would have blown my heart away at that strength.

Comment

Quoth Pizzacommando View Post
                  The hands aquire shakes
                  I'm stealing this.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Pizzacommando View Post
                    The hands aquire shakes
                    I tip my hat to thee Mocha Dieb.

Comment

Yeah the $100 tip was awesome! Because at that chain, management, even assistent managers, weren't allowed to share in the tip jar (which was garbage because they worked right along side us grunts) I tried to tell ASM to split it but he was a "by the book" kind of guy and insisted I had to keep the whole thing. Felt kinda bad but hey, it was a 100 bucks, I let him him twist my arm

We honestly believed the guy must have gone on some rampage or something and gotten arrrested. He had been a regular in the morning for years before I even started working there, but only started going looney after I worked there, figures right?

I hope he didn't die or anything, but he HAD to have done some kind of damage to his throat, as that espresso was hot as hell.

And for the record, we named his drink the "Heart Attack" although I think I like the Delorian best, lol.

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                        I hope he didn't die or anything,
                        well for me at 140# it would take around 124 shots of espresso to kill me*, though I wouldn't be feeling very well after more than ten(I have had a caffeine overdose, it was not pretty, dehydration, shaking, vomiting every 30 minutes, I was in the ER for 4 hours just getting IVs to rehydrate)

*source-death by caffeine calculator-enjoy!
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

This, and the next 30 or so strips, are what happens when a ceartain polar bear airsmith ODs on caffeine...

(edit: the relevant part starts here.)
                          Last edited by Shalom; 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                            I am open to name suggestions
                            The Red Hot One Hundred!

...yes, I am a Viewtiful Joe fan >_>
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I AM CORNHOLIO! YOU WILL GIVE ME TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!

Last edited by Cat Herder; 05-24-2012, 07:35 PM. Reason: Including Image

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                                LOL that is fun, it has a 'kill me' button =)

Hm, 139 cups to kill me, heart condition not considered Rob said that back when he was still navy he would drink 2 to 3 gallons of coffee in a 36 hour period when on a duty day. I still miss my 24 oz espresso nightcap Decaf just doesn't taste the same
                                Quoth Shalom View Post
                                This, and the next 30 or so strips, are what happens when a ceartain polar bear airsmith ODs on caffeine...

(edit: the relevant part starts here.)
                                I love that web cartoon [That and Humon's Scandanavia are the only 2 I really follow with any regularity that are not gamer based.]
                                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                                X