Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, "loud pipes save lives".......no, they about make me shit my car seat.

Nothing more fun than sitting in traffic, window down, enjoying a smoke cuz it's finally not 100 degrees with humidity and you don't need your A/C on....and some asshole biker pulls up in the lane next to you and keeps revving the throttle till the light turns green. And your ears nearly bleed.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Never could understand the need to have loud and obnoxious exhaust systems.

My neighbor has a Harley with a big honking engine. He has factory pipes on it. It makes a low throaty burble that says "I have a metric fuck ton of power but I don't need to wake you at three in the morning to prove it."
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        A common excuse is that "loud pipes save lives." Uh, no they don't. All they do, is annoy the ever living *fuck* out of other drivers. There's no reason to be revving your engine at every traffic light and stop sign. All you're doing, is saying "look at me, look at me!" When I hear someone doing that, I think "what a douche."
        I was having a conversation with a kid at work about motorcycles and he brought that up. I agreed they do to a certain extent and then pointed out that there are "loud pipes" and "LOOK AT HOW SMALL MY PENIS IS!"

A couple days later he was talking about how he got muffler tips to make his bike a little louder and they were actually too loud. There is hope for him yet...

Comment

I remember the time the muffler shop muffed it and put glass-packs on my dad's sedate '59 Mercedes sedan...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Do you know the muffler man?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If this were the 80's I could say, "mmmMMMIDASIZE IT!"

Comment

Last Tuesday evening (not yesterday, a week ago), Dad was following me back to their house with more of my stuff to move. He'd started out ahead but he putzes so bad, I flew past him eventually on the freeway and he got behind me.

Anywho....we were both behind this huge truck that was so obnoxiously loud, and they had to make a dramatic show every time they accellerated or made a turn.

I stuck my pinky out the window and shook it.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  The muffler man?!
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    The muffler man?!
                    The muffler man...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      That lives in Dickless Lane?
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        I remember the time the muffler shop muffed it and put glass-packs on my dad's sedate '59 Mercedes sedan...
                        My mom had glass packs on her 1973 El Camino SuperSport. You could hear her coming a mile away.

And people think it was years of listening to Donna Summer and the Bee Gees at top volume with headphones on that's caused me to lose part of my hearing. . .
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I had glasspacks too on my '71 Chevelle SS, had a 327 engine from a '64 Corvette. Yes, it made me feel badass, but you can't really show off when the glasspacks scream out to cops from miles away.

Comment

Working...
                          X