Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't have my coupon AND the other store lets me do it!! (long, sorry)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have my coupon AND the other store lets me do it!! (long, sorry)

This woman, argh! The first time I dealt with her, I was on the register and she wanted to speak to the manager.

Me: That's me!

SC: Yes, the last time I was in here, your assistant manager was very rude to me. I didn't have my coupon with me and she wouldn't just run it through anyway. And the OTHER LOCATION (that drives me crazy and deserves its own thread in COC) lets me do it.

Me: Well, ma'am, I do apologize that you feel like you received poor service the last time you were in here. I can see that you are signed up to receive our coupons, and I do happen to have an extra one today that I will allow you to use today only, but I won't be able to do that in the future.

SC: Well that's just ridiculous! OTHER LOCATION lets me do it all the time and I would shop there but I have a very small foot and they didn't have the shoe I wanted at their store.

Me: I understand your frustration, ma'am. However, our company does not send out every coupon to every customer every time. Every employee has to sign a document on their date of hire, that among other things, says that I will not falsify coupons, and I cannot put my job in jeopardy for you in the future. If you do receive coupons, you will need to bring them in with you next time. (In the meantime, HUGE line had formed behind her.) Now if you will excuse me, I need to ring up all these other customers.

SC: Well, thank you for letting me use the coupon today.

I thought all was well. Turns out she's been coming in when I'm not there, and complaining about ME to my employees. Saturday, she told me newest employee that she "had a aneurysm that's about to burst" and was in a hurry. And the other employee that has helped her before was going to let her use a coupon.

My mother had a brain aneurysm rupture several years ago and almost died, so I don't like people taking them lightly.

So, when I was told she was at the register, I went right up front and smiled sweetly and reminded her that we are NOT allowed to enter in coupons that we don't have, and I'm so sorry that you forgot your coupon in the car (her excuse today) but we will be more than happy to hold your items here for you while you go get it. And my own mother had an aneurysm rupture, so if you need to go seek medical attention, I'll even hold the items for you for several days. Your health is much more important to me than my store's sales!

She kind of sputtered and said she didn't have time to get the coupon because of the supposed aneurysm and paid full price and left in a huff.

Even better, we saw her several HOURS later, still in the mall, shopping. Next time she's in my store, I'm taking note of her name/info and attempting to get some sort of ban on her.

ARGH.

My son had an avm rupture last year. That would tick me off to.
    The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Yes, I know the next time I have a medical emergency..I am going to stop and shop for shoes. Makes sooo much sense. Head to the ER you say? Why would I do that? Seek medical attention? Surely you jest. No..I will instead shop for shoes.

I would say that this logic causes my brain to have a Blue Screen of Death, but honestly don't believe for a second any medical emergency existed with the shopper..unless you count insanity.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

The nerve

My grandmother died of an aneurysm. She was in very good health, but something triggered the fateful burst and her niece found her deceased. I would be very irrate for someone to take it so lightly.

Let's see...faking a serious medical issue and demanding special treatment just because she can't be bothered to bring a coupon in.

The nerve of some people.

Comment

I don't understand. When I'm having a medical problem, I call my mother (a former nurse) and ask her advice. If it's really bad, she comes to check it out.

Being diabetic, I've had to learn to swallow my pride and call her from time to time. She knows things I don't.

You don't know an aneurysm is coming, right? She is one of the lowest kind of scammers.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm sorry, but if you've got forewarning of a potentially fatal medical condition WHY THE FUCK would you go shoe shopping before heading to the hospital?
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The coupon part of the story sounds like many of my old customers. We had so many people come in claiming that someone else or another store let them use their coupon when they didn't have it , that corporate finally said NO MORE and threatened termination on us if we did give out coupons that weren't present.

Here is the catch on that, most of the time our coupons were reusable or could be used by viewing a phone, so it's not like we were collecting them to turn them in. So when a bunch of customers complained to customer service, corporate backed off. What my store did when ever a customer pulled that "I left my coupon in the car or at home" we would tell them sure we will give you the coupon but you are going to have to enter your email in to the system for us to make sure you are still on the list. That way our email numbers stayed up and if they were lying about having coupons then the were for sure going to get them now!

As far as the medical excuse goes I think she is crazy. I have never had an aneurysm, but I know someone who's son did and he died. But if she was really having one wouldn't the pain be like 100x worse then a migraine? I think she is just using it to rush people along or the get special treatment.

I would defiantly go for banning her, she seems to make a scene every time she is in your store, which in turn could be costing you real customers.
              "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

My uncle had a brain aneurysm once, made a full recovery, but they are definitely no laughing matter.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  I'm sorry, but if you've got forewarning of a potentially fatal medical condition WHY THE FUCK would you go shoe shopping before heading to the hospital?
                  Because you are stupid.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

SC: Well that's just ridiculous! OTHER LOCATION lets me do it all the time and I would shop there but I have a very small foot and they didn't have the shoe I wanted at their store.
                    I got stopped on the small foot thing and thought then I thought that was stupid but original then I finished reading the sentence. That put it in context.

I work for a pharmacy so I can see someone being in a rush to get their stuff for a medical emergency, not something life-threatening of course. But shoes? Not so much.
                    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

That woman gives pond scum a bad name!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

All I can think of is that she's nothing but a scamming thieving bitch! I don't like when people use medical reasons to get special treatment or cry wolf too! Medical issues are no laughing matter no matter what they are and if it's that serious the bitch should take her ass to the hospital, not fucking shop!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ugh. Ban. Ban. Ban. Please for the love of Potter, try to ban.

On mother's side, every female except mom herself so far had an aneurysm.

Only my aunt survived it thus far. (My grandma died at age 32 from it. Mom was 6 and left in care of my 15-16 year old aunt.)

Comment

At Uni i did a pathology module and attended an autopsy.

Our subject was a 42 year old mother of two who had been found dead in her bed by her father. Apparently the kids had been stopping with their grandparents and the mother never showed to pick them up, the grandfather went to see if she was ok and found her dead even though she had been in perfect health and cheery when she dropped the kids off. This was a week before christmas.

I won't gross anyone out but the final findings were a massive aneurysm, she had made a doctors appointment a week before she died but cancelled it.

The dingbat in the OP should be shown what a real aneurysm does to both the sufferers and their families. And banned of course.

Comment

Speaking of aneurysms, a relative was diagnosed with a potential aneurysm back in the 1930s, Back then they had no way fixing the condition. She was in her 30s. They said it could go at any moment and kill her. Well, that is what killed her, at the age of 91.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X