Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't have my coupon AND the other store lets me do it!! (long, sorry)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you've got forewarning of a potentially fatal medical condition WHY THE FUCK would you go shoe shopping before heading to the hospital?
    That's the rub, if she had a known aneurysm that had not started bleeding out, Then she was under medical care at the time it was found, and they would have very nearly forced her into a hospital rather than going anywhere. SC no more had a leaking blood vessel ballooning up than I have a spare set of kidneys. Either way, she's a huge idiot. :angry:
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Yes, she was obviously a scamming scammer. When my mom's aneurysm ruptured, it was one of the scariest nights of my life. Definitely no laughing matter and definitely shouldn't be using it to try and scam a 20% coupon.

The problem with trying to get people banned is that our company's spine is starting to turn to jelly. In the past, I only know of one customer that we put on a ban list (just for returns) and I've been here for over 15 years. I'm just going to have to take note of her name and pass it on to my boss, and tell him I won't tolerate her abusing my staff. If I get a complaint called in on me, so be it.

Comment

A friend's mother had an abdominal aneurysm. She was in her 80's and rather frail, surgery wasn't an option. However if it had been diagnosed as "about to burst" you bet your a## she would have been in the hospital.

Amazing, the stories SC's come up with, and they really think retail workers have never heard this before!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I would almost wonder if your friend was my mom (or one of her 9 siblings), cause my grandma had the same thing! And yes, she was still able to go about her daily life and eventually died from something other than the aneurysm. But you're right, if it was pulsating and about to burst, she would have been in the hospital!

Comment

Wow, you've been there 15 years already? You deserve a >shoe store< Medal of Honor or something!

And wow,,,seriously, an aneurysm? If you're going to make up a medical condition in an attempt to scam someone, at least do the research and make up one that makes sense at least...I was sick about what happened to your mom but at least now you got to call this bitch on it because of it. Did you tell your mom? I bet she'd laugh.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I plan on telling her when I go over to do laundry tomorrow (hooray for my washing machine breaking). I half expect that Mom will want to come to the store every day until miserable lady shows up and then she'll school her!

Comment

I'd have offered to call 911 for her. Hey, it's a medical emergency, we wouldn't want you dropping dead on our premises. Oh, you don't want me to do that? Then you're well enough to go back to your car for your coupon.

(I've had people cut the line at the pharmacy telling me they need this Rx filled immediately because it's a medical emergency. I told them that if it was that much of an emergency I'd be happy to call them an ambulance. Nobody's taken me up on it yet.)

Comment

One thing I always wondered about Mal-Mart is, if the consumers there, or their children, are so sick they vomit on the floor, why the hell are they shopping all day instead of being at home in bed or visiting the doctor?
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    That woman gives pond scum a bad name!
                    Oh GD it, now the song is running thru my head, I've gotta get it out of my system with some really bad edited lyrics...

Shop til you drop!
                    But we're to blame!
                    You give scum....a BAD name! (bad name!)

We play our part
                    But you pay with change!

[insert wailing guitar solo]
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Oh GD it, now the song is running thru my head, I've gotta get it out of my system with some really bad edited lyrics...

Shop til you drop!
                      But we're to blame!

We play our part
                      But you pay with change!

[insert wailing guitar solo]
                      *fishes out lighter, flicks it alight, holds over head
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        *fishes out lighter, flicks it alight, holds over head
                        *has no lighter, uses cell phone screen instead*
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

*has no lighter, uses cell phone screen instead*
                          There's an app for that. Really. Some of my buddies have it ^_^

*bows*

Should I just make up FUBAR lyrics for the whole thing?

An evil smile, on their lips
                          Coupons galore, in their fingertips

Run and hide, he's got that smell
                          She thinks she's from heaven, she'll put us through hell

Whoah-ohohoh,
                          She's a rotten [c-word]!
                          Whoah-ohohoh,
                          There's nowhere to run,
                          She just can't un-der-stand
                          'BUY ONE GET ONE'!
                          Last edited by EricKei; 06-02-2012, 12:18 AM. Reason: 1st person rather than third
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Now I want to hear the real version... runs to hunt down her CD!
                            "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

Working...
                            X