This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean I'm not already there?

A guy came in the other day and asked if I would post a sign for him. We don't have a notice board, but my boss will sometimes post a flyer advertising a benefit or community function. I told the man that my manager has final say on anything like that, but if he wanted to leave a copy we would look at it. He went out to his vehicle, which was held together with duct tape. Grabbing a sign from the front seat, he pulled a strip of tape off the hood of his car and affixed it to the sign. He brought it in and handed it to me. It was sloppily printed with multicolored markers, and it advertised "BARGINS" at a yard sale.

Yard Sale Guy: I advise you to put this in your window right now. The sale is tomorrow.
    Me: Is this sale for a benefit or a charity?
    YSG: Yeah, it's to benefit me.
    Me: I'm sorry, but you might as well take it with you. I know my manager won't post this.
    YSG: Yeah, well, you just have a good time in hell, then!

There was one customer in the store at the time. YSG pointed at him and said, "You have a good time in hell too, sir!"

Wow, that's one yard sale I would avoid like the plague.

Comment

Um yeah...I'd be afraid that YSG would offer me a "bargin"...for my soul!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Um, wat? o.O That guy is certifiable.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I sort of wanted to go to the sale, just out of curiosity. Unfortunately, I had to be at work.

Comment

Why can't he be like a normal person and mount signs in nearby neighborhoods leading to his house alerting them to the sale?

Oh wait, nevermind. Too much easier to just harass a poor lady at a store.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

blas, might I remind you of the title of the website you're on? Besides, I'd almost be willing to bet any signs he'd put up would be taken down by others very quickly!
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

"Thanks, I'll be sure to bang your mom! "

We can wish, can't we?

Comment

What is this "soul" you speak of?

Did I ever have one?

WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME OF THIS?!
                  People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

Comment

Whenever anyone tells me to go to hell (or something similar), I usually respond with "I'll see you there!" Or better yet, "I'll save you a seat!"
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm already there.
                      Take a look around.

Sorry this was the first song I thought of.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

My usual response is "I'm planning on it. I have the marshmallow concession."

Comment

I know this guy probably isn't tech-savvy (considering the state of the vehicle) but there are Facebook pages out there for this purpose, too. In our area there are like three pages alone for the surrounding towns to advertise flea markets and yard sales and other such "Bargains!"

He's just cranky. Maybe the wife is making him sell his preciouses.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                            Wow, that's one yard sale I would avoid like the plague.
                            But this could be fun!

You and all of your coworkers should write down all the crazy SCs they have had to deal with and then take turns pulling them out of a hat and re-enacting them at his Garage Sale.
                            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                              But this could be fun!

You and all of your coworkers should write down all the crazy SCs they have had to deal with and then take turns pulling them out of a hat and re-enacting them at his Garage Sale.
                              Ending with coming up and asking to put up an ad for your own Garage Sale on his mailbox.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X