Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is my imaginary voucher; I insist you take it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my imaginary voucher; I insist you take it.

SC who came in the other day. Petrol vouchers allow you to have five pence off per litre of fuel purchased. This customer said he should have had one, but the supermarket cashier never gave it to him, so that he wanted us to put a voucher thru regardless; he had a receipt for shopping, but no voucher. I checked the date of the receipt, only to find that it was issued the day after the supermarket stopped giving out the vouchers. I informed the SC of this, and he started yelling and swearing at me, saying that no-one had told him that they stopped after a certain time, so we should just let him have it anyway.

Bullshit. There have been giant posters up in the supermarket, clearly stating that the vouchers were given out in the space of seven days, with the end date marked in giant letters. I told him that if he wanted to speak to a manager, I could call one over, but that I couldn't let him have the voucher. He declined, paid up, and stomped out.

Hmm, I also have an imaginary voucher, one that lets me buy a brand new Ferrari for fifty pence. Think the local dealerships will accept it?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Hmm, I also have an imaginary voucher, one that lets me buy a brand new Ferrari for fifty pence. Think the local dealerships will accept it?
    Sure! Especially if you shout and scream and tell them that 'everyone else' lets you do it...
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I cannot tell you the amount of times I have had bar customers say that they HAD a coupon, but they must have left it in their hotel room....but could they still get the deal on the coupon? Um, no.

Somehow it is even more amusing to me the occasional person who is surprised that I need to actually take the coupon from them. Apparently they think they can just flash it and get the deal. Again....no.

In simplest terms for these simpletons: You want coupon deal, you give me coupon. No coupon, no deal.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I'd consider it in Jester's case if they left their wallet with me. Just so they have to come back with the coupon.

Comment

Of course, sometimes there is a case where a customer doesn't get their petrol voucher cuz the till ran out of roll or something like that; but we can tell these people from the idiots, cuz they're the ones who bring in a receipt with a supervisor's signature along the bottom and "didn't get coupon".
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I cannot tell you the amount of times I have had bar customers say that they HAD a coupon, but they must have left it in their hotel room....but could they still get the deal on the coupon? Um, no.

...In simplest terms for these simpletons: You want coupon deal, you give me coupon. No coupon, no deal.
            We get those at the fabric store too. "Oh, I left my coupon at home! Can you still give me 50% off this silk?" Um, NO. If you want the discount, you have to give us the coupon. That's how it works. We have to record the code in the computer. If I gave out discounts willy nilly, I'd be out of a job.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Our store's credit card or debit card lets you get five percent off everytime you use it. That means, everytime you have the card physically on hand and use it to pay for your purchase. Some people still think it's like a discount card and that we can look up their information with a phone number or an e-mail address.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Somehow it is even more amusing to me the occasional person who is surprised that I need to actually take the coupon from them. Apparently they think they can just flash it and get the deal. Again....no.

In simplest terms for these simpletons: You want coupon deal, you give me coupon. No coupon, no deal.
                Not that I really want to defend an idiot, but there are some take out places that do not take the coupon when you place/pick up the order (I've encountered that with pizza places). I imagine that is how a few could develop that misconception. A very, very small few...

Comment

... with very very small brains to match. XD

The same is true with some internet offers; the purple and white store card has online offers you can opt into on their website. However, unless you do this, you will not get the offer. Simply showing up at the store and demanding extra points is basically a road to nowhere.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                    Our store's credit card or debit card lets you get five percent off everytime you use it. That means, everytime you have the card physically on hand and use it to pay for your purchase. Some people still think it's like a discount card and that we can look up their information with a phone number or an e-mail address.
                    I work for the same place you do. I've had people who think that just telling me they have the card gets them the five percent no matter how they pay. Uh, no...
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                    X