This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
    Kind of late, but there was a Jim Butcher AMA on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/commen...den_files_the/
    I missed the AMA...but I spotted this and squeed a little:

[–]mortigan 74 points 15 hours ago

Hey Jim! I'm a big fan, and just now rereading the series in preparation for the upcoming book.

I have a question about alternate media for your series. The TV Show that happened wasn't very successful sadly and many fans tend to overlook that it ever happened. I'm curious if you have ever considered an animated medium instead. By this I don't mean a Saturday morning cartoon variety, but a serious quasi-adult orientated series.

There is a growing appreciation for well conceived and produced animation in the US. Anime has a growing acceptance, and they are able to present much more mature content. Couple this with the successful ventures into production by companies like netflix, and hulu (house of cards and what not), and I think there would be a market for a new audience.

Each of these books, could easily be covered in something like an 10 episode annual season of an mature orientated animated series. The animation allows for things like actor's age and special effects to be much less of an issue. It would also allow for things to be more fluid when it comes to graphical explanations, and voice over monologues.

So this question really boils down to that. With the TV Show behind you, have you considered any other medium outlet for your stories, and if yes/no would you consider something like this to be a good idea?

Thanks!

[–]JimButcher[S] 108 points 13 hours ago

I'd love to consider that, sure. I actually think the most accurate kind of retelling of the Dresden Files could only be done with animation.
    I NEED ANIMATORS, STAT!!!
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
    X