This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey dresden fans

This will probably be the most awesome thing you see today.

fanmade trailer for the new dresden files book.

Now they skip a line at the start from the sample chapters that is a bit necessary for more context but overall this is pretty sweet.

Spoilers...
    http://io9.com/fan-made-trailer-for-...-bo-1574192491
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Molly!!!

He DOESN'T.....Does he...?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Aw, I was hoping for a Dresden movie.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Molly!!!

He DOESN'T.....Does he...?
        if you're talking about the blonde I think that's supposed to be murphy

Comment

New book on 5/27...been waiting for months, the last couple weeks are always agony ><
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Soon as it's released, it's going to magically appear on our kindle. It's already been purchased.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Honestly, I don't know what I love more. The fact that the new book comes out soon, or how freakin' awesome that book trailer was. o.o If there's ever another Dresden show or movie, can these people be in charge of it? Because holy crap. That was amazing.
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Given the disaster that the series was, it would be hard for anyone to do worse.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                  if you're talking about the blonde I think that's supposed to be murphy
                  Didn't seem like it. Her hair was in braids and her line about being a big girl who can make up her own mind sounded more like Molly. She has a crush on Harry and they've already had a talk about why he wouldn't get into a relationship with her. At the end of the last book Murphy wasn't sure she wanted to take things to the next level with Harry.

But, I'll find out for sure when the book comes out.

Comment

Yes, but even with Molly being the Winter Lady now, her getting her hands on a bazooka?

It's Murphy. Murphy, who hangs out with einherjar and probably got it from Kincaid, if I had to guess.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Yes, but even with Molly being the Winter Lady now, her getting her hands on a bazooka?

It's Murphy. Murphy, who hangs out with einherjar and probably got it from Kincaid, if I had to guess.
                      I was just referring to the one scene where they're talking and then they're shown kissing. I couldn't even watch the whole thing because my screen locked up, so maybe I missed something after that.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z21O-wlFEDk Found Molly. It turns out that, as well as the book trailer, they have a whole series of these little 'Dresden Files Moments'. I am absolutely floored by the guy who plays Michael. Holy perfect casting, Batman.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

With the series being so awful, I've always thought they could make a really cool anime version of the books. They could make it episodic, and even include a narrative from Harry to give a lot of his inner dialogue some "screen time" - plus, since it's animated, no worrying about a special effects budget! It would let the show keep to the written elements a lot better, and we'd get a true Dresden series to show people who weren't reading the books like good boys and girls.

That said, it'll never happen, so I guess I'll just have to snuggle up to my books then, won't I?
                          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                          "What IS fun to fight through?"
                          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I've run into a lot of people who really defend the series and some of them didn't even know about the books.

Comment

Kind of late, but there was a Jim Butcher AMA on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/commen...den_files_the/

Comment

Working...
                              X