This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my coupons dammit!!!

Since the recent incident where a guy tried to kick our dog while we were out doing out catalogue deliveries, there's been no further probs. No crazies. That is, until last night.

I'd just placed the catalogue in this mailbox when this women comes tearing out her house, yelling at me to 'wait wait waaaaaait'

SC - the woman
    Me -

SC - 'Hey, HEY! You the one who delivers our catalogues?'

Me, thinking she's going to say she doesn't want them or something - 'Um, yup, that's me, well, me and one other guy, my partner, why, everything ok'

SC - 'Oh yeah, yeah, everything's fine honey. I've just been meaning to get a hold of you. So look, when you drop off the catalogues at my place from now on, just put in a whole bundle, okay? And don't be shy, pack the mailbox full'

*and with that she started to walk away. Now, this might sound odd since it's just catalogue delivery, but there are VERY strict rules in place. And considering that this job is currently giving us our food monies for the week, we are doing everything to the T, we cannot risk this job for anything!
    One of the rules is STRICTLY one catalogue per house. The reason is because the catalogues usually contain coupons, things like buy one get one free, % off deals, free samples etc.
    And so I call after her...*

Me - 'Oh, no, sorry, wait! No, I'm really sorry but we can't do that, it's strictly one per house. Sorry about that'

SC - 'Pft, of course you can do it, they're just catalogues. Just put as many as you can in mailbox from now on okay'

Me - 'I'm sorry but no, really, we can't. I know it seems weird but there are strict rules, we can only do one per house'

SC - 'Well who's going to know, huh? What's the big deal?'

Me - 'Yeah I don't know how they check these things but I'm sorry, we aren't willing to risk it, it's one per house'

SC - 'GAWD just drop a few extra in my mailbox okay'! I collect the coupons!'

Me - 'Yup, most people do, that's why they look forward to getting the catalogues. I'm sorry but it's one per house, I've got to keep moving, alot more houses to get too'

*She then reached out and tried to GRAB more catalogues from the bundle I was carrying. I pulled back, they all fell everywhere. Cue sore pregnant me now on my hands and knees trying to pick them all up*

SC - 'Whatever! If you dont give me more then I'll lodge a complaint, I'll say you're not dropping off ANY at my house!'

Me - 'Okay, you're gonna do what you're gonna do. I'll call in after I'm done tonight then just to give them a heads up to expect your call. I've got to keep moving for tonight though, see ya'

SC - 'God you don't have to be such a bitch!'

And then she finally went back inside.

I know people like their coupons but come on lady. Don't be all grab-grabby with me, threatening to complain and what-not. I don't even keep more than one copy of these coupons at my own place, and I have full access to them and I need them more than ever ATM! The same rules apply to everyone!
    Last edited by Ree; 05-09-2013, 11:47 PM. Reason: Bumping charitable request

I don't respond well to being told by customers what I can/will do. I know I've gotten complaints. And yet, I'm still there. Which ticks off said customers. Because management knows they're EWs.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I want my coupons!!

Is that anything like I want my MTV!! Well back when it really was Music Television anyway. Just like how the "Disney" Channel hasn't even lived up to its name at all in at least 10 years. :P
      Last edited by Estil; 05-09-2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Definitely let your supervisor know about her. Not just in case SHE complains, but in case you suddenly start getting complaints from other people in the vicinity that THEY aren't getting their flyers/coupons (that you put in their mailboxes, but SHE took in order to get "extras").
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Definitely let your supervisor know about her. Not just in case SHE complains, but in case you suddenly start getting complaints from other people in the vicinity that THEY aren't getting their flyers/coupons (that you put in their mailboxes, but SHE took in order to get "extras").
          I second this completely. I know of one street that when we deliver coupons for a certain fast food place will give them to one residence. But someone new moved in and botched that right up and the complaints flew until it was pointed out that we only delivered them after that we have no control over what people do with them.

Comment

Working...
          X