Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought it prudent to clarify - it is indeed correct that I don't live in the states

If you imagine any company that needs to get their advertising material out to the public, they employ the services of any number of businesses that employ low-paid lackies (us!) to do the deliveries

Unless you have a 'no junk mail' sign, everyone here receives daily catalogues, flyers and marketing material in the post. Oddly enough, alot of people actually get annoyed and will 'complain' if they don't receive their flyer in the post , after all, how else are they going to know that this weekend only they can save 49cents on dry pasta
    (I personally like flicking through though, it's like my window shopping from the comfort of my own home lol)

Hope that has cleared things up a bit for those who had thought it was 'illegal'??
    Last edited by tilly101; 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I would have been ropeable and taken a swing at him!!!

I once had a small child try and kick my dog at a market once, now, my dog is a Jack Russel, was under my control, on leash, standing RIGHT next to me looking at me.

This turd of a kid started swing his foot to connect with Maui's ribs, I was watching and was able to pull Maui (harness on) out of harms way, all the while I YELLED very loudly at the kid that if he ever tried to kick my dog again he would know about it.

his parents standing nearby.. did... nothing.... My husband had to drag me away becaus eI was so angry at this bloomin kid (maybe 8 years old, old enough to know better)....

Tilly: I would avoid delivering to his place from now on, stuff him....

Comment

OMG. Seriously, anyone tries that with me, they had better run because if I get my hands on them, they WILL regret it.

Comment

That's the sort of thing they make Tazers for in my opinion.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Kitkatswing View Post
            ...This turd of a kid started swing his foot to connect with Maui's ribs, I was watching and was able to pull Maui (harness on) out of harms way, all the while I YELLED very loudly at the kid that if he ever tried to kick my dog again he would know about it.

his parents standing nearby.. did... nothing....
            I think we can safely guess where the kid learned it from.

On the OP, well, it sounds to me like you came across someone who wanted to express his displeasure at receiving an unwanted catalog. He just chose one of the most anti-social ways he could to express it. (Uh, I agree with the others - file a police report. After all, you know where he lives, right?)
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Yes, file a charge. You know what they say about people who harm animals. They are sociopaths or psychopaths. (I can't differentiate between the two, so feel free to correct me.)

Also, what difference does it make to him how fast you go?? He's not your boss. What a weirdo.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Also, what difference does it make to him how fast you go?? He's not your boss. What a weirdo.
                Those sorts of subtleties don't matter to dicks. This guy is a dick.

I ditto the call the cops move, but if pepper spray is legal to carry in your area, I would carry it on a job like this.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  They are sociopaths AND psychopaths.
                  There...fixed that one.

Anyone who does that sort of thing deserves a special ass kicking...
                  "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                  "What IS fun to fight through?"
                  "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Not on topic about the dog kicking but the pain. Studies have shown that swearing actually reduces pain levels. I think it really helps me. Could be a placebo effect but who cares. Unless you're concerned about your babies hearing it. Then you just have to picture yourself nibbling on a really large pain pill.

Comment

If the OP is in Oz, I could lend one of the Demon Twins. Anyone who tries to kick an 18mth old rotty is going to be looking for a new leg.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                        Not on topic about the dog kicking but the pain. Studies have shown that swearing actually reduces pain levels. I think it really helps me. Could be a placebo effect but who cares. Unless you're concerned about your babies hearing it. Then you just have to picture yourself nibbling on a really large pain pill.
                        This is true! Mythbusters proved that swearing increases your tolerance for pain.

As for the OP's issue with the dog-kicker, there's a special hell for guys like that.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                          Sure enough he had followed me up and was right there....without warning, he TOOK A SWING AT MY DOG! Tried to kick her.
                          She got startled and jumped back so luckily avoided being kicked.

I picked her up- which hurt like a bitch - and hurried off with her.

Dude tried to kick a poor innocent dog because he thought I was walking too slow? Um....aggressive much? PSYCHO much??
                          Definitely let the local police know. While they certainly won't do much about this incident, it'll document his pattern of behavior -then when he does something worse, it won't be completely out of the blue, and perhaps they'll be able to do more.
                          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
                            Er... not sure where exactly you are or what company you're working for, but as far as I know it's illegal to put things in mailboxes unless you are the owner or an agent of the USPS delivering mail. Even with the owner's permission. (This is why UPS, etc don't put things in your mailboxes, among other reasons.) Someone on my brother's street (WA state) got cited for putting flyers in his neighbors' mailboxes regarding a block party. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything given you need the money, but I would be careful.
                            I'm pretty sure Tilly is from Australia same as me. We don't have laws like that, I know a few people who make a few extra bucks doing exactly this.
                            "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Can we please steer clear of the fratchy discussions about the legality of putting catalogues in mailboxes?

Obviously, the OP wouldn't be doing it if it was not allowed.

The topic is a sucky guy who wanted to kick a dog.
                              Let's focus on that.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X