This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Care If You Don't Have The Money, You're Finding A Way To Pay Me

I had a real catch come through today. This guy was, how can I put it delicately? Really, really moronic. He comes up to me first, holding out a product that we don't sell, and asked me if it had meat in it. I raised my eyebrows at him, but looked at the packaging anyways.

Me: It says that it contains bacon right here sir *show him on packaging*
    SC: Really!?
    Me: Uh, yeah.
    SC: Well, that's no good!
    Me: Nope.
    SC: So what can I do?
    Me: *if you're expecting a refund, you are sorely mistaken* Uh, return it? Or give it to someone?
    SC: Give it to your friend.

I think this guy just tried to pass off his crappy food to me. I just gave it to another coworker, and went about my day. Well, the fucker comes back, wanting faxes. I tell him that it's $2.00/page, sending or receiving. Yeah, it's expensive, but I don't set the prices or the rules. I run through the faxes....

Me: That'll be a total of $x.xx amount.
    SC: Really? So expensive!
    Me: That's the price I quoted you, and the one that is listed on the board where you got our number.
    SC: I don't have that.
    Me: *you have GOT to be fucking kidding me* Then I can't release your paperwork until I get some form of payment.
    SC: Wait, I grab a card!
    Me: *wait for a few minutes, then start serving customers. He shows up, and gets annoyed because I didn't put everything on hold for him. I've got work to do, moron. Management doesn't pay me to sit around* Are you ready?
    SC: *drops reward card onto counter* (for the record, the company that I work for has "reward points" that they give drivers of companies so that they can use it towards purchases. It also gives out shower credits for every 50+ gallons that you pump) Can I use my shower to pay for the fax?
    Me: What? Of course not! Having a shower credit doesn't transfer into money.
    SC: Why not?
    Me: Because it doesn't.
    SC: *ranting and raving in some other language. I don't care, I've tuned him out at this point. Then he starts bitching about me holding his paperwork*
    Me: Sir, I don't care what you think. I expect payment, you knew there was money needed. I don't have any money, so I cannot return your paperwork until I get some. You can call your company, but I cannot accept a shower credit as payments. *because, y'know, it's a SHOWER CREDIT...NOT MONEY* *as this point, I'm getting annoyed. I eventually get on the horn with my boss* B, I need you to come down here.

My SL comes to save the day, and goes through the exact same speeches that I've been giving, but she has a lot more patience than I do. Rinse, repeat for fifteen minutes. First he tries to pay with the shower credit, then he plays the, "I don't speak English card", THEN he claims we're, "not very nice to other drivers of other races". B shuts him down right away. And you know? After all this crap, he pays with a bill that he had in his pocket.

I wanted to strangle that man.
    Last edited by Halo_miles; 05-08-2013, 08:40 PM. Reason: Used a word that I shouldn't have

Do you know who he drives for? Can you report him for trying to rip you off?
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Tempting as that is, he'll probably be gone next week. The companies that we have coming to our store have revolving doors when it comes to employees.

Comment

if that's an example of their typical employee, I can understand why they don't keep them long

Comment

With some of the new regulations coming down the pipe, they're going to want to adjust their practices. It's going to get a lot harded to get drivers in the near future...
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

From your description of the way the loyalty card works, and the fax price, it sounds like you're with "Aviator/Soaring K". It's early in the month, so you've probably got plenty of the "in-house" magazines on the rack. If he's that stingy for cash, why didn't he grab one of the magazines and use the coupon to save himself the cost of the first page?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              From your description of the way the loyalty card works, and the fax price, it sounds like you're with "Aviator/Soaring K". It's early in the month, so you've probably got plenty of the "in-house" magazines on the rack. If he's that stingy for cash, why didn't he grab one of the magazines and use the coupon to save himself the cost of the first page?
              Because in the Great North , the promos don't work the same way that they do in the States. There's a lot of major differences: American purchased gift cards don't work up here, we can't use the Chip technology for our own laws because we have US drivers, we don't run double points on the same months, etc. And like I said, this guy was a moron. I didn't think they could make 'em that stupid, but shows how much I know.

Comment

I can vouch for that firsthand, just when you think you've seen the dumbest a person can get and still pass muster for their DOT card, someone comes along and does even better..... er worse..... er well, you know what I mean.
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                  And like I said, this guy was a moron. I didn't think they could make 'em that stupid, but shows how much I know.
                  Did he escape from Nunavut? Or was he expelled?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Did he escape from Nunavut? Or was he expelled?
                    Probably expelled....with a cannon. And right into my store, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                    X