Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...And if they actually complain, you can exclaim "Wait, that PERVERT who was hitting on me complained because I was trying to to my job rather than responding to him?!" o_O
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Pretty much, yes. I went through that same crap when I was younger and prettier. I had no idea what to do then, and nobody gave me any help at all.

Kheldarson has some very good ideas. Keep conversation polite, but strictly business. Don't get lulled into the trap. There is no law anywhere that says you have to carry on a conversation that you don't want to.
      Nthed. It sucks, but that's basically it. I'm nearing 30, but am mistaken for a college kid all the time. I think being or reading young and being a captive audience does it--vulnerable all the way. I used to get it pretty bad when I worked a local co-op; it's not as bad at the library, though perhaps some of that's because I learned how to shoot them down before they get too far. I actually memorize some of the lines folks use on here and save 'em up for later use. Still get it a fair amount at the bus stop, so when the weather's nice I walk the 2 1/2 miles home instead.

I absolutely hate hate hate that I have to put on the brakes for niceness & politeness to keep the creepers at bay. I'm sorry you're in the same boat.

Comment

Quoth 50 mission cap View Post
        This may be a bit foward, but its like the old saying guys, how you act or what you wear is not an invitation for being hit on.
        It certainly shouldn't be. Unfortunately, not everybody's on the same page about this.

Comment

Working...
        X