This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And God said.....

let the heavens be opened and we shall send bountiful rain upon the land.

but then again we all KNOW God has a sense of humor.

for 20 minutes tonight it rained cats, dogs, cows, rabbits, a buckets of squirrels and maybe a couple of horses and I though I saw a moose but I could be mistaken on that one.

tonight was the first time I have even had the "pleasure" of delivering a pizza inside an almost soaked pizza box. it was raining soo hard the delivery bag was totally soaked through just going from my car to the door. at least the customer was understanding.

This also meant that the streets were severly flooded -- as in over 8 inches (or more) of water on most streets.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I've done my fair share of delivering pizza, and it never ceased to amaze me how the worse the weather got, the more the phone would ring. On an average rainy night, sure, you'd like to order in, but if the weather is too bad for you to go out, it's just as bad for the poor pizza girl getting drenched/frostbitten/skidding off the road into a snowbank.

Standing on the doorstep looking miserable is a good way to get extra tips, though. Most of the time.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
      Standing on the doorstep looking miserable is a good way to get extra tips, though. Most of the time.
      It sure does!

We used to have a pizza place near the motel. Boss Lady (former GM) ordered pizzas for the staff. It was raining...not pouring, per se, but still pretty crappy weather. We watched as our poor pizza delivery guy WALKED our pizzas over to us.

Boss Lady is one of those who doesn't believe in tipping (that's a rant to save for another day), but we slipped him a ten our of our own pockets.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
      X