This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Think That's Legal...

Some of our sites have two sets of entrances. One is the main entrance that everyone is expected to use and only allows one person at a time to enter. The other entrance is always called the ADA entrance (Americans with Disabilities Act) and allows people who are mobility challenged/dragging a cart/too claustrophobic to go through the main entrance/etc. to enter the building.

Dude at a site today told (didn't ask, told) me that he needed the ADA doors to be locked after hours, even though there are people coming and going 24/7.

Um, no.

He got mad and said he was going to talk to his boss. I told him that was probably a good idea. Haven't heard from him since.

Hee. Kinda reminds me of my hotel; we locked the exterior doors at midnight. There were signs stating it. You could push the door out, but it wouldn't let you back in. People would get pissed after locking themselves out and having to go to the main door. (Old hotel, keys didn't let you in) They pissed and moaned that they didn't spend that much money to be under a 'F***ing Curfew!' Um, well unless you'd like the vagrants camping in the hallway outside your room, or would like to donate several thousand dollars to upgrade the doors, you'll just have to learn to read the signs!

Besides, they usually got stuck when they went out to smoke. Even though we had an interior garden (enclosed by the hotel) that wasn't locked that you could smoke in all you wanted!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
      Some of our sites have two sets of entrances. One is the main entrance that everyone is expected to use and only allows one person at a time to enter. The other entrance is always called the ADA entrance (Americans with Disabilities Act) and allows people who are mobility challenged/dragging a cart/too claustrophobic to go through the main entrance/etc. to enter the building.

Dude at a site today told (didn't ask, told) me that he needed the ADA doors to be locked after hours, even though there are people coming and going 24/7.

Um, no.

He got mad and said he was going to talk to his boss. I told him that was probably a good idea. Haven't heard from him since.
      Not legal at all. If the building is accessible 24/7, it needs to be accessible to the handicapped/disabled 24/7.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
      X