This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A legitimate complaint! Holy cow!

*I didn't know where else to put this. The light sucky was warranted so it doesn't particularly belong in the SC area.

A guy comes through and orders 2 whatevers. It rings up as 4.98. He pays, looks at his receipt and says he was over charged.

"It's 2.29 on the board, you charged me 2.49"

I tell him, sorry, theres nothing I can do. The machines are programmed somewhere in Albuquerque and I can't change prices. I'm not even sure he's telling the truth, but thats the only answer I have regardless. He asks for the managers name, I give it to him, he asks for my name, I give it to him.

"I'm not trying to get you in trouble or anything..."

You won't. Even if you try, you won't. I don't manually enter prices for every item of food we have and theres literally nothing to refund without shorting my drawer because the computer says it's correct.

I haven't heard anything about a phone call, I doubt I will. I went and looked at the board after he left, sure enough, its 2.29.

It'll never be fixed though, so I'm looking forward to the next time it happens.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Get a big black Magic Marker and correct the price?
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

i'd write the calorie content of everything on the board. yuck.

Comment

Is it taxes by any chance that are screwing with things?

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
          Is it taxes by any chance that are screwing with things?
          No, he was charged 2.49 per burrito then tax. Its supposed to be (according to the board) 2.29+tax.

Comment

If one of your customers files a complaint with consumer affairs, your company is screwed.
            It's only 20 cents, but it's still false advertising.
            It doesn't matter that the prices are already entered in a computer in an office thousands of miles away, and has nothing to do with your particular store. Mistakes happen.
            It was either programmed incorrectly, or your signage is old and needs to be changed.
            That's not the customer's fault.

Now that it has been brought to your attention, your management seems to have a real dickhead attitude if they knowingly continue to advertise an item at an incorrect price.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I was going to tell him to call corporate and complain but he was intent on my managers name and my name, which really gets you no where. We're not even corporate anymore, so I don't know if calling them would matter. I wish they would fix it. Theres two or three things that ring up wrong, but no one pays attention. I can't even remember what they are.

Comment

Working...
              X