Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Called in on my day off due to ... ghost town.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called in on my day off due to ... ghost town.

So about five minutes ago I was sitting here in my 'Wolfness, chillaxin' on my day off, when I get a call from work.

-Nobody- showed up. Nobody, except one Manager, who was the one to call me. He had people calling out left and right until nobody was left. What kind of illness is going around? Yesterday's truck wasn't that bad. O.o There was less angry angsty banter amongst the staff than usual. Had some pretty fun customers, sure.

Now nobody's at work. I'm going to go in and have to mix paint, which I do not know how to do, and man the plumbing and electronic areas, which I know diddly about, and handle seasonal assembly questions, nada, and tackle all twelve aisles of hardware, which I do anyway but at least have backups.

"Sorry for the wait, m'dear, but I'm the only one here who can help you."

I will assign all of you a number. I will then roll a single die. If your number is higher than six, that means that I do not like you because you didn't say excuse me, please, or hello to me.

... damnit, I really need to start doing that. That sounds like an interesting idea.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

well, you did offer to come in on your day off, which is why I have decided to be like the rest of my coworkers, if my phone rings on my day off and it is a coworker or worse the store number I won't answer it, so I don't have to be the dick that said NO F^@ING way am I coming in, I mean I have covered for people before who never saw fit to return the favor when I needed it so, I'm done. Did you at least get some overtime from having to be the only person for hardware?
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Back in my days at The Restaurant, i had all of my coworkers numbers, and the restaurant number all programmed into my phone, and they all had a special ring tone, so i knew to check to see who it was before blindly picking it up.

I'd never answer it on a day off if it was from the restaurant line, or from my boss, and there were only around two people I would cover for, as i knew they would return the favor.

Comment

I feel for you. And I also feel for LP, who's going to have a fit when they see how much gets stolen without staff to cover the floor.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Heh...reminds me of this cartoon: http://www.unshelved.com/2004-8-24

Comment

Working...
          X