This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No clue on how hotels work

A gentleman arrived to check in last night. He did not have a reservation. I quoted him 89 for a single room. He proceeded to tell me how he stayed the night before in a hotel in Illinois and only paid 77. (This is Michigan)

I had to tell him several times that all hotels are not owned by the same company (even if they are named the same) and will charge what they want. Never mind that two different states are involved here.

He simply could not grasp the concept of franchised ownership of hotels and how prices are set.

Couldn't grasp or trying to weasel you into a lower rate? My money's on the latter. Not that I don't have my share of people who seem surprised to learn how commerce in general works. I just notice that most of the, "But it was a lower price at another place," people are passive aggressive hagglers.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

And alas, you are not allowed to respond with "Then go back to that other place."
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
        Couldn't grasp or trying to weasel you into a lower rate? My money's on the latter.
        And too many of them think that playing stupid will get them to give you what they want, just to shut them up. (And, of course, when that doesn't work, they start screaming.)
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
          Couldn't grasp or trying to weasel you into a lower rate? My money's on the latter
          Mine too. This is a clear variation of "the other place has a better deal."
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X