This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New keyboard problems

A few days ago I had to pick up a new keyboard for my desktop; mom deep-cleaned mine with a non-electronics spray and a few keys are now possessed (Shift + a couple letters brings up a macro, I can't type too quickly or things go weird, etc). So I got a liquid-resistant budget gaming keyboard (Asus Cerberus).

It worked for all of thirty seconds before it stopped responding (and the backlight only worked once when I reset to defaults). The USB cable connection point on the keyboard is a bit not-straight; I haven't tried playing with it yet. I've ruled out the motherboard ports; any port that I plug the new keyboard into doesn't see it but the old one does work.

Ideas? I did get the 2-year protection plan on it, but don't want to impose on mom to drive me down to the store again...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Impose! She's the reason you had to buy it, so she should do whatever is needed to get you a keyboard that is reliable.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Is it a mechanical board with removable keycaps? If so, those can go into a mesh bag and be washed. For the bare board itself, it's hard to clean with anything other than canned air or maybe Q-tips.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X