Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm betting the car was turned over to someone to cover a debt, and has probably been chopped by now.

Comment

If he owes debt to a legbreakin' type, something tells me that he's in way, way over his head...

Maybe he's got a drug habit? I could easily see that being the case.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

This is even better than the one I took last week on the guy's personal insurance for the theft of a trailer not on the policy that he admitted he used for work.
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

What's the car being burnt got to do with it? Around here, it's unusual if a stolen car ISN'T set on fire!

Comment

Quoth dakhur View Post
            What's the car being burnt got to do with it? Around here, it's unusual if a stolen car ISN'T set on fire!
            The car probably ISN'T stolen. It's been torched for the insurance money, methinks.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I can't remember the last time I saw so many red flags!

Agreed, this is going to be epic once all the facts come to light!

Please keep us updated entertained!

Comment

Had to double-check, but Ghel is in a different country than you are. Otherwise I could have sworn that the guy making the insurance claim was Mr. Goodhair.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hey Jay- is there still an empty seat next to you for this show?
                  I brought some popcorn.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Is this the sort of thing he could go to jail for? Wow. He must be involved with the wrong kind of people to risk going to jail over a $10000 car loan.

Comment

Good grief - so many red flags, it looks like homecoming!
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                        Is this the sort of thing he could go to jail for? Wow. He must be involved with the wrong kind of people to risk going to jail over a $10000 car loan.
                        Well, if he filed a stolen vehicle report with the police, then Filing a False Report is a definite possibility. Felony Insurance Fraud (esp. if the bank/insurance co. are out of state) is likely. And if the car was torched, there's the chance of an Arson charge as well. How mcuh, if any, he's personally up for is up to the authorities.

If it was me, I'd say he's looking at distinct possibility of a severe decrease in his standard of living.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                          If it was me, I'd say he's looking at distinct possibility of a severe decrease in his standard of living.
                          I'd dare say he may be seeing an "update" to his wardrobe in the future as well.

They say orange is the new black.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                            This is a definite. (Bank) will fire him so quickly he'll experience more G's than a fighter jet.

As for Criminal - note sure as yet. Unless we get strong evidance, we're unlikely to press charges for fraud -> this requires 'beyond reasonable doubt'. To decline a claim we only require 'balance of probabilities' which is a much lower standard of proof (I.E criminal requires 95% certainty, civil is like 60%).

Of course when we take all this information (along with the new stuff we're getting from (Bank), such as key card access, workstation internet history etc etc)) and challenge him, if he confesses....
                            How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth dakhur View Post
                              Its two factors:

1) We got this off the record from the police, but through official channels we keep getting told that they have not yet recovered it.

2) In our experience, this car is sporty, but not so much so that you steal it for a joyride. You don't go through the hassle of circumventing a 5 star alarm for a joyride either. IF this was legitimately stolen (big if), it was taken by professsional car theives to be stripped for parts

An interesting addition; many who attempt to commit fraud burn their cars out thinking it makes it easier and destroys all the evidance. In fact what it does it give us a TON of extra evidance - we can see if it was hotwired or not, how the fire started, and even sometime estimate the size of the last driver...
                              How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

I, too, will be sitting in for this session. I look forward to the next chapter.
                                the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Working...
                                X