This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    that happened at the gas station I used to work at. the manager turned the radio to the local NPR classical music station just for a little variety. better than the "OK let's play the same song 6 times in an 8 hour shift top 40 radio station" we had on. ONE friggin customer just had to ruin it for everyone. this bitch called our corp office and complained the music was too highbrow and snutty for a

gas station
    I'm fairly certain this happens more often than we think. This exact same thing happened to me when I was working in a gas station a few years back. I remember when the district manager called me and told me I had to turn the radio off.
    Me: "But....it's classical, and it's not even loud."
    DM: "Right, but the lady was offended and thinks we're being condescending."

I figured that out of all the music choices I could have picked, classical and reggae would be the safest...but I guess not.
    Render unto Ghidra what is Ghidra's

Comment

• pop country is unlistenable

It's like running down whatever genre(s) will upset the (sadly) passive listener:

folk, classical, traditional jazz, reggae, metal, new age, world, polka, acoustic, traditional AAA, et al.

most people use the radio like an appliance...turn on, tune out it's sad how people let certain cultural mediums die a slow death (i.e. television, radio, et al.). I try to appreciate certain music, artists, bands in that I truly like listening to them...and not because of points of synergy, how many times a certain song is played in a day, et al.
      HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

• Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        In case you missed just about the only video on YouTube worth the time to watch it.... Rob Paravorian's Pachabel Rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM
        That was funny! Thank you for posting it, it's in my favorites now.
        Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        Brilliant. Before watching that I seriously never realized exactly how overused that melody is.
        Me neither. But it's still a beautiful song.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X