Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, Mozart has been clinically proven to improve brain structure and capacity or something like that... it makes you brain better! (sorry, my head hurts right now) So that redneck was probably in excruciating pain listening to Beethoven. "AHHH! Smart music making head asplode!"
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Well, you may like it but I'm 54 and into George Strait and Shania Twain.
      Insert obligatory smartass comment about getting into Shania Twain...
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 12-31-2007, 10:58 PM. Reason: adding quote tags

Comment

I have a landslide of Cannibal Corpse songs to suggest playing if he ever comes back.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

We just had a regular radio at the gas station and whomever was working could listen to whatever they felt like, as long as it wasn't too loud, or if we brought our own CDs, no heavy swearing.

Anywho, I always had it on the local classic rock station or rock or even pop if I was in a certain mood.

One day I think Mudvayne or something was playing when a regular SC came in and barked "What the hell is that shit? Put on some country, that's good stuff."

Yeah, ok, whatever.....you can just leave if you don't like it. Go to the Shell station by where I live now. They have outdoor speakers as well. They blare country music 24/7, loud enough for the whole block to hear.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            *snerk* That's awesome. Nothing better than an SC deciding to punish themselves because they can't get over something.
            , but I have a similar tale, related secondhand:

One day the ex drove to...Carl's, I think was attempt #1 for breakfast. Apparently there's a girl working there that he thinks likes him.

He gets his order (not filled by the girl), gets all the way home--check your order before you leave the parking lot, dummy!--and notices it's wrong (something like a breakfast sandwich instead of a burrito...it's food anyway).

He flips, tosses the food and drives to McD's, where something along the same lines happens (hotcakes instead of something else). Again the order wasn't filled by the cute girl working there, so he's "never going back again" (repeat above reaction precisely). I think the fourth attempt he got what he wanted...WTF, it's food, unless it was rotten there was no reason to not just eat it.

So the dude wasted over $20 in fast food and probably the equivalent in gas, and felt a need to whine to me about it (sorry, that's all your fault)
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

A lot of people resent it when others have what they don't. Brains and class, for instance.

Comment

He seemed to think we were "faggots" for listening to it, so maybe he was afraid he would catch the "ghey" from listening to it.

It never fails to amaze me when someone expects you to change something like this to accommodate them for the short time they are there. It's just music.

Rahmota, quit taking things so personally. You know Brightstar wasn't referring to you.
                I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                  this gem of a Christmas song blaring through the speakers. "Santa Claus Goes Straight To The Ghetto" by Snoop Dog.
                  You should hear some Christmas classics by ICP.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Might I point out, Rahmota, that you can type properly, which means you can use a computer properly, which means you have a brain. Sorry, but you do not meet the qualifications of being a redneck. If you wish to apply a label of "hick" or "country bum(kin)" to yourself, feel free. (I'm just kidding, btw.)
                    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                    The Office

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                      He seemed to think we were "faggots" for listening to it, so maybe he was afraid he would catch the "ghey" from listening to it.

It never fails to amaze me when someone expects you to change something like this to accommodate them for the short time they are there. It's just music.
                      You think playing it on the radio is bad? Try actually being a classical musician! I've been a serious violin nerd since I was in third grade, playing in the school orchestra and all, which of course meant I went through high school with a big target on my back. Mostly it was just name calling, but I did actually get beat up once.

Thankfully, those days are long gone, but you still run into the occasional asshole. A year or two ago, my quartet was playing at a wedding reception as guests were coming in. I remember one idiot who came in, looked at us as though we were four large, perfecly formed turds, and said "Who hired them???? Get some real music in here!"

High school all over again.
                      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                      --Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Occasional Asshole
                        "Who hired them????
                        The bride and groom?

Door's to your left.
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                          The bride and groom?

Door's to your left.
                          My sister had a string quartet at her wedding. I thought it was really cool and highly appropriate for the situation.

What did that ass want at a wedding? The Jay Giles Cover Band?
                          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

A guy playing "Deliverance"
                            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I like classical music, does that make me the ghey? Hmm.... That reminds me, where are my classical CDs? *looks at her children with suspicion*

Oh no! Does that mean my sons will grow up to be *GASP* the ghey? Will my daughter catch it too?

Oh boy! My whole house is the GHEY! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

This whole thread just made my day. I just downloaded, Ride of the Valkyries, In the Hall of the Mountain King, Anvil Chorus, and Night on Bald Mountain using some Rhapsody bucks I got for Christmas. I guess I have to work on my wrist flexability now.

DO I get bonus points for putting them into my playlists and setting them on random? I got a great look from a coworker today when Du Hast led into Ride of the Valkyries. Then Cheap Trick's Surrender came on, and I was dubbed certifiably eccentric.
                                Last edited by Geek King; 12-31-2007, 05:12 PM.
                                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                                X