Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So many stupid people.... (Rants - Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many stupid people.... (Rants - Long)

Yesterday we had a customer pull up to the gas pumps and ask for $25 worth. Customer got out and handed my co-worker $25 and came inside to buy cigarettes. He walks out, gets in his car and pulls away and rips the hose off the pump. (Theres a breakaway on the hose.)

He said he thought it was done. So whatever. My two co-workers try and put the hose back together but see that a rubber washer is damaged so they leave it apart. They put a trash can infront of the pump and lay the hose between it and the pump.

My turn comes to go outside. This is when people start confirming what I believe, that this town is full of stupuid people and they all come to our store.

Guy walks up with a gas can. Walks around to the broken pump, looks at it, asks me if the pump works. I just look at him and say "umm no?". I mean come on you just looked and seen theres no hose from the top of the pump and the hose is laying on the ground!

We are backed up around the corner with cars needing gas, a guy gets the smart idea to go around everyone and pull up to the broken pump, sees the trash can and gets pissed and speeds away. (This happened a few dozen times.) Sorry but even if the pump was working he would have been told to go to the end of the line.

Another guy goes around and backs up to the broken pump. The trash can is sliding along the side of his car as he is backing up. He gets out, pops the trunk, opens his hood, and then walks around the other side of his car. He sees the trash can, and starts moving it. I tell him not to move it. He looks at me and asks why its there. I just point at the pump and then walk away. He closes his trunk and hood. Waits and backs up to another pump then gets out and opens both yet again. I pump $20 in gas for him and he then moves the car forward and gets out and adds coolant to his rad. Why he had to do this in our lot I have no clue, I hope he didn't expect that I was going to do it. Also why didn't he do this as I was putting the gas in his tank? We are not allowed to do anything but pump gas. Though if its a disabled person or an older man/woman I will if I have time.

And more things that always get to me. We only have 4 gas pumps. We can only do four cars at one time. It has ALWAYS been like this. Everyone comes in one way and forms a line. When the two cars on the side you are on get done everyone moves up. No you can't move up and around the car at the pump infront of you when the car infront of it is done and has left. Why? Because if the car you are going around gets done before you then he is stuck waiting on you. Yes I will make you go around again, yes you'll be at the end of the line. Sorry you can't change my mind. Oh want to cuss at me? Good bye!

And.... if everyone is coming to the pumps from the one way, because more cars can line up without blocking the entrance/exit that way, and you think you don't have to go with the flow and come in the other way and get blocked in, don't look at me and ask how you are going to get out. No I will not have the line infront of you back up. You had to be different so suffer.

And...

If you run out of gas waiting in line and you have a guy bigger than 3 of me in the car don't get pissed off at me when I tell you no when you ask me to push you up to the pumps. And no we no longer have a gas can you can borrow. Why? After buying and buying and buying gas cans and not getting them back the boss/owner said no more.

People running out of gas happens so often where I work. Don't people know what a gas guage is anymore?

Sorry had to rant there... But I feel better now!

I feel for ya. We had 6 pumps for regular gas, and 1 diesel pump. You can imagine how much of a zoo that place was during the Hurricane Katrina Gas Scare of 2005. Good lord. Cars all the way down the block......
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
      Don't people know what a gas guage is anymore?
      Maybe, but they'd still have to read it and understand what it said.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        I feel for ya. We had 6 pumps for regular gas, and 1 diesel pump. You can imagine how much of a zoo that place was during the Hurricane Katrina Gas Scare of 2005. Good lord. Cars all the way down the block......
        Haha my god I remember seeing videos of those lines.

I used to live in Charleston, SC. Whisper the word "hurricane" there and people will IMMEDIATELY drain every gas station of any kind of fuel, and buy up every gallon of water int he local stores.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Well see, one day in particular during the hurricane, gas soared from $2.79 from $2.99. Our station didn't change, and we were backed up for almost 8 hours straight. I was terrified I wouldn't be able to close the store.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Well see, one day in particular during the hurricane, gas soared from $2.79 from $2.99. Our station didn't change, and we were backed up for almost 8 hours straight. I was terrified I wouldn't be able to close the store.
            Aiyeeks - that HAD to have been terrifying...not just because of all the cars...but I know some people got really violent over getting gas.

Its so sad as well that I am also thinking "Wow...$2.99 would be AWESOME right now..."

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
              Aiyeeks - that HAD to have been terrifying...not just because of all the cars...but I know some people got really violent over getting gas.

Its so sad as well that I am also thinking "Wow...$2.99 would be AWESOME right now..."
              People still get violent over gas. And 2.99$ gas would be FANTASTIC.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Yeah...true about the violence.

They had a gas station over here recently that everyone used to LOVE because they had these crazy low prices. Well, just a short while ago the Federal Bureau of Weights and Measures (or whatever it is) shut them down -- they were shorting people a quart per gallon. :P No wonder why their prices were so low.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  People still get violent over gas. And 2.99$ gas would be FANTASTIC.
                  In western MA is is anywhere from 3.69 to 4.05. For some reason it bothers me more when I fill up the gas cans for the lawn mowers, particularly when i put about $10 worth on gas in little 2.5 gallon can.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                    In western MA is is anywhere from 3.69 to 4.05. For some reason it bothers me more when I fill up the gas cans for the lawn mowers, particularly when i put about $10 worth on gas in little 2.5 gallon can.
                    I filled up my 2.5 gallon motorcycle today and did one of these when it cost me $9, and that was after the discount the cute boy with tattoos gave me!
                    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

At my local gas station, the price of gas is $4.16.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm curious about something. Perhaps someone who works in a gas station can answer it...

How common is it for some idiot to pull up to a pump, and simply fill their tank, not paying attention to the fact that they're putting diesel in a gasoline engine, or gasoline in a diesel engine? I've always wondered...

Comment

Working...
                        X