This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs calling from the same state? Call center woes

I know some people here work at call centers but are there anybody here who finds a pattern of phone calls? I will not reveal the state out of respect. I have noticed that i keep getting nasty, condesecending (sp?) customers from the same state! Believe me, its like every call from this state is nothing but customers whining over dumb stuff and acting all superior.

Anyone else find a pattern?

Absolutely.
    Last edited by Anriana; 05-30-2008, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't know. I only worked in a Call Center for a month, and it was telemarketing (I hated every part of that job). And around here, phone numbers aren't quite informative about the location of the callee.
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Yeah and I have noticed a pattern of three different regions/states/types of customers if I even hear the accent I know for a fact I'm going to be complained to, attempted to jack around on the pricing and it's going to take all the silver tongued guile I have to land the sale.
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I'm saying this out of love so forgive me but when I worked Call Centers NY customers were always a pain, way worse than the regulars!

Comment

For me, it's either New Jersey or California. Obviously not EVERYONE from those states are idiots...but my hardest calls are generally people in those two.

Comment

Oh yes some of our Cali customers were unforgettable!

Comment

I got quite a miserable call yesterday. A customer wanted a refund for an on demand order she did not authorize. Fine, I refunded it and backbilled it to the day that it was ordered which was only about 10 days ago. She then hounds me about how the bill already charged her for the order. I then refunded her more. the total came out to be 11.17. I tell her that but then instead of being grateful and telling me thank you, she then hounds me more about some stupid TAX! I swear people in this state who call our call center are nothing but jerks who act all superior.

Actually, I don't understand why we have to take calls from other states when we have enough problems in my OWN state.

Comment

With all due respect to Gravekeeper and any other Canucks here, I would absolutely cringe anytime I saw a Canadian area code appear on my caller ID screen or outbound call log during my 5 years in phone sales/CS.
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

When I still worked on the call floor, there were definitely different states and area-codes I dreaded seeing pop up.
                    Tamezin

Comment

when i worked in a call center, mine apparently had different "lines" where everyone would get a certain type of call. i found out from a sup friend that i was on the foriegn line....which sucked.
                      "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                      "Red."
                      "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                      "RED!"
                      "..."

Comment

One I thing I loved (and sometimes hated) about my call center job was that I was in Canada and my customers were in the U.S., therefore I never had a problem with local yahoos calling in.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Florida!

Florida is probably the worst state for hard to deal with customers, mostly in the southern region. You could never make them happy, could never be friendly with them, and even when you did give in and give them something they weren't entitled to, they still could not "smile" at you. Most of these people were not even native to Florida; rather most were from New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Canada.

When I was with Bellsouth, Florida was the only state at the time I handled. Before I left, they started having us handle more than Florida, and it was amazing how much more pleasant customers in states like Tennessee were. Most were those that would invite any stranger into their home for a bite to eat, or a place to sleep if you have nowhere else to go.

Comment

I don't have caller ID on my work phone... rather I have a VDN code which tells me how the call was routed... and some of those codes make me cringe... when I see the VDN code for yellowpages.com I just know it won't go well... without fail everyone calling that line thinks they have called the hotel direct... and when the hotels forward calls there are some hotel codes that I dread... because those hotels have sucky employees who inproperly transfer and don't fill out their macro site properly... and some hotel codes I dread because everyone calling them is stupid (like our 4 star in times square... why are people always surprised by the rate).

Oh there is one line that everyone in the center that is authorized to handle it fear, the IC line, there are only 2 types of callers... the ones who have stayed at the hotels long enough that they know that they can expect you to kiss their ass and be thankful for it... and the people who have no clue who their calling and don't realize that they just called a 5 star hotel line, many of which are resorts... they think they are calling some little known bargain chain.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Yeah, I remember my call center days. Most of the Northeast US sucked. And Florida. The only bad part about Texas and California was the fact that 2/3 of the people didn't speak English. And I wasn't allowed to speak Spanish (even to give them a Spanish call center number) as our lines were English only.

Comment

Working...
                              X