Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The overcomer of SC's everywhere (I need a cape)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of another good one, it probably belongs in Sightings but it relates to this post so well...

My mom and I ran into the grocery store for a quick shopping trip a few years ago. When we finished up, we saw a little girl (Between 4 and 6, very young,) in the minivan parked a couple of cars down. (It had been parked there before we had left.) The clincher? The minivan was ON. As in, the engine was RUNNING. My mom and I waited, but no parent appeared to be in the vicinity.

We waited almost half an hour before we called the cops. It took 'em less than five minutes or so to get there, and about twenty more before the little girl's mommy had finished up shopping. She walked out of the store carrying the huuuuge bags of groceries, then got angry, defensive, etc. when the cop demanded she produce her liscence, and the whole nine. Her most frequented line was "I was only gone five minutes!" Well, the cop himself knew better. The best thing I heard him say? "Ma'am, if it were up to me, we'd be taking this little girl right now." Heh, pwned.

Just another example of how much my mom rocks. XD

Comment

Out of curiosity, did this woman do anything while she was being berated by the cop? I can't imagine she just stood there gaping and quiet while this was going on...if she did, awesome, but anyone ballsy/stupid enough to use McDonald's as daycare would almost have to be the sort who'd argue...with you, at the very least, if not the cop.
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I've worked at two stores that are right next to Walmarts--parents drop their fifteen kids off at my store because we have demo arcades set up for each system (note, we're not a real arcade, still a FREAKIN' RETAIL STORE), then drive off to Walmart, leaving their kids there for hours while they shop. We as employees can't do a thing about it.

Woman does this, it was about a year and a half ago, goes to Walmart. Precious, who I personally didn't even see in the store, wanders out. Mom comes back two hours later, flips her shit and starts trying to scream at me. I informed her that we were not a Daycare and not responsible. She runs out to try and find Precious, who I hope was found by a friendly neighborhood police officer and not a pedophile. I couldn't really call the cops since I couldn't vouch that the kid was even actually in there.

Woman yesterday shopping WITH her kids comments on how many kids were in our store with no parents. I told her it was like that all the time, people would drop their kids off and go elsewhere. I'm sad she didn't call the cops...but you freakin ROCK!
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I just think it is so sad that businesses don't allow their employees to curb irresponsible parents dropping off their kids. "Call CPS? Word'll get around, and that's bad advertising!" Yeah, well wouldn't it be worse advertising if some pedophile kidnaps a dropped-off child because there's no way the employee can watch him or her all day?!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

that was so awesome, I just had to read it twice
            "Reverse racism" lol

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Yeah, well wouldn't it be worse advertising if some pedophile kidnaps a dropped-off child because there's no way the employee can watch him or her all day?!
              That's kind of my thinking. If it becomes obvious that your store does nothing if kids are left unattended, it seems like it would make it a hot spot for potential perverts and kidnappers who know there will be unattended children, which also makes it much less safe even for attended kids, if their parents look away for even a second.

Oh, and Bob? You are awesome. You rock, and I applaud you.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

This story is brilliant. I can't understand why any parent would leave their children alone for even a second! Especially in this day and age! (I feel old saying that!) And I bet if anything happened to her children, she would be running to the newspapers and suing everyone in sight.

Comment

No words...there are no words...they should have sent a poet to describe...how freaking awesome you are!!

MASSIVE kudos for taking the initiative and doing what the store could not.

You also get some shiny gold inverted pentagram stickers for being so evil to the absolute choad of a woman.

Mongo
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

You are AWESOME!!!!!!
                    Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

You know, it's fitting your name is Bob The GOAT, since you totally smashed that troll of a woman. Just a shame the McDs wasn't in an underpass. Also, very nicely executed Butterfly Smackdown (Small Effort = Huge Pwnage) on the negligent !

You get a perfect 10/10 on the JAD Scale of Winningnessitude.
                      Last edited by JustADude; 12-11-2007, 03:34 PM.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

You sir are what we call a HERO!!!

I am going to repeat what others have posted......... it is because of the action of people like you that make life better. YOU are the savior to these kids. If their Mom would leave them at a fast food place unattended for any length of time I would hate to think what they have been subject to at home.

Also I would make a call to corporate. Their "policy" is opening them up to many many lawsuits.

Again BRAVO to you!!! Truly you are a real hero!!!

Comment

You know, the worse my mother would ever do that young was leave me in the play area while she went into the restroom, but even then that was only at the McDonalds that we went to often enough that we knew most of the employees and the employees didn't mind making sure that no one grabbed me and ran off or anything like that (she of course asked them if it was ok, she didn't just assume). Just dropping a kid off anywhere and leaving though is beyond belief.
                          Bob, you are truly a hero for getting her ass busted.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                          X