This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Announcement

I wanted to wait. I wanted to wait until my 1000th post and announce this with the first sucky customer story I've had since losing my job at the Bent Staple. Because frankly you can't go one week in any workplace without a customer story, as anyone can attest to.

From experience, I know that's especially when you're the newest employee.

Anyway, I had an interview at a small chain that buys most of its inventory from other stores, like overstock on out of season merchandise, or inventory from a place like Circuit City. There are many retail outlets that do this. One of them is The Christmas Tree shop, but that's not the store I interviewed at.

The interview went so well that they jumped me into orientation straight away. Of course that created some static as the people in charge of the orientation didn't know anything about the computer system and it took two hours to get three people into the system.

*sigh*

Aside from that terrific sneak preview of what the management will be like, the positive upshot of this is that I will be starting work at a place that I will hereafter refer to as OSJL. It's primarily based in Massachusetts with one location in Vermont and a few others scattered through New England.

It's no coincidence that today is the ten year after my unsuccessful attempt at college and one of the most devastating events in US history. Because it also represents a time when I have decided to stop living in the past.

But...I'll still have a sucky customer story for my 1000th post.

Congrats!

Good news shouldn't wait.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Hey congrats!
      I know exactly what store you're talking about, man I love those places!
      It makes sense.

Comment

excellent news!!!
        Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Definitely racking up the hours. I stayed an extra three hours total on Friday and Saturday and today I'll be working from twelve to eight since they needed people to cover.

Keep is being earned.

Comment

Congratz! Is where you're working at a new(ish) thrift like shop?
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

It's been around for a while actually. I only just recently found out about it because the one location this chain has in Vermont isn't in a town I go to all that much.

It's a lot like The Christmas Tree Shop or Big Lots. They buy inventory from other stores that either can't sell a certain product any more or are closing down. Or say if Everready changes the packaging on it's batteries, and stores still have plenty of the old packages lying around, we'll carry that.

Comment

Working...
              X