Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC, installing a new starter is relatively easy. The hard part is making sure it's shimmed up right.

Comment

Yeah we looked up the starter cost, and the part itself would be $152.00. The bad part was the labor of course, because apparently on Chrysler Cirruses, all the important parts of the engines are in the most difficult places to reach. For a lovely, LOVELY example, the spark plugs are on the side of the engine, and nearly underneath it. A second charming example is that the car battery....is located in the tire well.

...Seriously, labor always kills us whenever we get this car fixed. Its why I want to get a new one. -.-
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Good gravy. *files that away* I'll make sure never to buy one! Ick.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

yeaaaah, don't get me started on this car. If our '86 Honda hadn't died on us, I would've preferred we used that. That Honda was a dedicated, loyal beast.

The '99 Cirrus, on the other hand, is a whiny, nancy-butt car that goes into a fetal position every time it breaks a nail.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Your "my computer is running too hot" bit is the same issue I'm having with my Mac. Nevermind the fans going 6000 rpm per minute, it refuses to fall below 114-130F when simply idling. Running itunes will crank it to 144F, running itunes + Safari will crank it another 8-10 degrees. Running Sims2 (on the Wndows side, I will be goddamned if I spend another $300 to buy all the crap packs just for Mac), will blow it up to about 300F and force it to shut down and refuse to turn on again. Sims3 on the Mac side will never make it go below 175. It gets tiresome. And I'm tired of having the damn fans cranked to max. Add to that an expanding battery on the point of a possible kerplooie because of the heat and you understand why I'm angry, don't you.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

You young'uns.....

If it wasn't for bad luck,I wouldn't have no luck at all

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X