Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember, even if that fantastic interview doesn't work out, there are other options out there.

Quoth Eireann View Post
    I just feel free.
    And that, more than almost anything else, is the sign that this was not a good job for you. And that this is all a good thing. I know when I finally quit the hotel where I worked for the infamous Shit Weasel, I could not have been happier, even though at the time I did not know that my new job would be as awesome as it's been.

Quoth Barracuda View Post
    ...but they only hire people from Oregon or at least West Coast US.
    Well my residence in Florida would eliminate that idea, then, college degree or not.

Quoth Barracuda View Post
    You have nothing to lose by trying.
    Good advice for anyone. And I think I may look into other transcription jobs, as other than the college degree and west coast residence, I definitely was qualified for your company, and perhaps not every other company would have those same requirements. After all, I am fantastic on the phone and a very fast and accurate typist. And those are the real core qualifications for such a job, I would think.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, the interview has worked out. They want me, and I'm putting together the projects we discussed today! It's a new enterprise, and we're getting it all done as soon as possible.

Comment

Hope things work out great for you.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
          Jester, the interview has worked out. They want me, and I'm putting together the projects we discussed today! It's a new enterprise, and we're getting it all done as soon as possible.
          Fanfreakingtastic!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Wow...how great that I got to read through the whole thread at once and by the end you'd already found something better! Enjoy, Eireann...you deserve it!
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Thank you! I'd been rebelling inwardly against that job for some time. It was taking twelve hours out of my day, every weekday, and the work was anything but stimulating. It didn't leave me time to do much of anything, outside work and home.

Yesterday was a national holiday here, so I wouldn't have worked anyway, and I had planned the interview even before I found out that I'd no longer be working at that particular company.

Not to mention the fact that the place was, and may well remain, a marvel of inefficiency and lack of communication.

The new job? I'm teaching, and not English. I'm teaching other things that I know, things that fascinate me, things that appeal to others as well, and they want me to create a description of all the classes I can teach!

One of the interviewers said, "I'm excited."

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                I just feel free.
                Quoth Jester View Post
                And that, more than almost anything else, is the sign that this was not a good job for you. And that this is all a good thing. I know when I finally quit the hotel where I worked for the infamous Shit Weasel, I could not have been happier, even though at the time I did not know that my new job would be as awesome as it's been.
                I went through much the same when I left the Office Job. Even though I'm making less money at the fabric store, I'm also having loads less stress.

Seriously, if you're dreading going to work the next day, that's a sign that something is wrong with the job.
                Quoth Eireann View Post
                That's wonderful! I hope it's everything you wanted.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                X