This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair cut woes!

Well, I did it...I hacked off more hair (cut 6" a month ago) 2" more yesterday.

I love the length...cute and easy to deal with....except it's doing the annoying flip-out thing (this does not look good....some people work the flip, I do not, ha)

I don't blow-dry and sometimes use product, just annoying...I wanted low-maintenace hair!

Meh, first world problems, I'll live. Can still pull it back. Will be interesting to see if anyone at work notices.

Anyone else wanna rant about hair woes?
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Yeah, as a matter of fact I do. I got the witchlock neatened up a bit yesterday (The color of it is filled out a bit so it looks less....witchy.) and now it's orange. Just in time for Halloween, I guess.

Gonna have to call my hairdresser later. She's been doing my hair for probably close to ten, fifteen years and this is a first. I'm not sure how this could have happened.

If your hair is really long, it will probably take people a while to notice you cutting it. I had waist length hair once, and could cut off quite a bit of it without people realizing it. Because you can lop six inches off waist length hair and its STILL longer than anyone else's.

Comment

My wife cut my hair for me. I had waist length hair (well, when it wasn't in its ringlet curls that it naturally falls into).

She and I intended for it to be cut to shoulder length.

She couldn't get it to be straight. It's at the bottom of the ears.

Oh well. It'll grow. And my friends think it looks great.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I have an issue with the hair cut thing. I hate going to barbers, and for about the past 10 (or so) years of my life my exGF has been my barber. My problem is that she moved to the West coast last year, and I'm at the point where I need a trim again, probably have at least 3 inches of split ends now...

Comment

My hair is stick straight! But it also has a mind of it's own and never, ever does what I want. One side will do just right, and the other side does the flip out. I hate it. Absolutely, tee totally hate it! I use a flat iron to style it and for the most part that works to keep the flip in check. I just permed it a couple of weeks ago to give me an extra edge on controlling that flip and that seems to be the final bit I needed. Still can't get any height to it, though. Five minutes after I walk out the door, it's laying flat to my head.

Comment

I'm going to have to work on "training" it to not flip out. Ugh. And I need to learn how to cut it myself....that was easy when it was long, not sure if it'll be easy now,

It'll be fun (hopefully) trying
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

It's so humid lately my hair keeps going all curly. I had 2 actual corkscrews going on the right side today even after blowdrying this morning. And I never had curly hair; for some reason it seems to be getting more so as I get older. It's kinda cute but it gets kinda frizzy which is annoying. I've been thinking about getting bangs again but with the humidity I'm not so sure cuz they don't look good if they're not straight.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I recently got bangs. Went from all hip length, too. It was a very dramatic change. I did forget just how curly my hair is with the weight pulling it down, though. Luckily, it mostly ringlets, which can be quite cute. . I do have a mini-straightener, but I keep forgetting that I need regular trims now and if it's straight it falls in my eyes. Oops.

Comment

I'm going to annoy all of you now. I LOVE the cut I have now because I did it. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    I'm going to annoy all of you now. I LOVE the cut I have now because I did it. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
                    Was your head with you all day?
                    [/COSBY]
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My hair just does the ringlet thing. A lot. If I want ringlets, I can just damp down my hair, brush it, and let it dry naturally. Sproing! ringlets.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Hey, Seshat, I was wondering what your definition of ringlets is. Some people say curls and some use the word ringlets. I'm wondering if they're different types. I have the idea that "ringlets" means long, loose curls, but that may be incorrect. At any rate, my curls are most like Sara Gilbert's or Julia Roberts', so I can get away with cutting my own hair. It has a mind of its own, though.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My hair does waves and flips if I don't blow dry or flat iron it. BUT not the good kind of waves and flips.

It goes in ALL directions, little waves and flips. This is why I hardly ever airdry my hair.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ah! I can't STAND my hair right now! (and that's not just me being all girly and whiney as the Boy likes to say) The last place I went to botched the hell outta my hair. I asked for my bangs to be a bit more fuller/straight across (since I usually have them angled) but somehow she cut it so that the longest point is in the middle! It's like I now have an arrow pointing down. Plus I noticed today that the middle layers of my hair are off. One side is more than 2 INCHES shorter than the other! I never noticed since she appeared to be matching up the layers while cutting it and my hair was styled curly. Today just happened to be the first time I've straightened it since the cut. I can't wait until October when I can go back to my old stylist and get this fixed!
                            Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Ya know what really pisses me off?

The girl at the college who did my last purple two-tone (I'm half blonde half....well, brunette now, that's the color it turns when the purple fades, then eventually turns strawberry blonde and then dark blonde until I get it done again. I can't afford to touch it up that often, nor do I like the damage) and revived the layers in my hair, it costed me $30 (that was a $6 tip, so $24), and the dye was Redken and she did a fabulous job for a beginner, I noticed no mistakes or uneven layers. The purple lasted a good 3 to 4 weeks before beginning to go fade brown.

Mom and I went to this super fancy salon a month ago, paid over $200 for both of our cuts and dye jobs (this place, hair cuts alone are $30...yeah, 30 for just a trim and face framing layers), and within two weeks, my purple was already brown. That was including skipping shampooing and using dry shampoo a few days in the first week of color life.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X