This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poetic peeps.....HALP!!!!

OK This Saturday I'm surprising my wonderful girlfriend with a day filled with random and fun activities for her 30th birthday

What I'm planning to do is send her an email from a dummy account I created telling her to accept any strange or out of the ordinary suggestions from someone close to her with asking any questions

That way I wont have to explain why we're "going out to breakfast" on Saturday morning instead of doing what we usually do

Ideally I would like a simple short poem type thing but I have no talent at all for such things so I need help

Nah, writing poetry is like singing and drawing-- everyone can do it... but it's just talent levels. I swear.
    What do you want to say to her? Do you want it to be describing her? Do you want it to be about her? Do you want it to be just something pretty, meant for her? >_> Details, man!
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Agreed. I've had some experience with writing poems for a creative writing course, so if ya want me to try I can. Ideally you should figure out what you want to say and then a good writer can help you make it look pretty.

Comment

I realize I've been unclear in my first post sorry about that

Basicly all i want is a quick rhyme telling her to accept any out of the ordinary suggestions in the next couple of days and to not ask any questions about it

Comment

and here I was thinking the 'worst'!
          this needs to be a limerick, methinks... hm...
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Just remember... Nothing rhymes with "orange".

Stay away from that and you'll do fine!

Comment

I've been all over the place today, so not exactly conducive to poetry, most times...
              here's my first stab

"When things are mysterious,
              it is good for you to be curious
              your lovlieness is the cause,
              hopefully, there will be applause--
              just go with it is most sage advice.
              --love, <ponyboy>."

Comment

Should you soon hear or see anything extraordinary,
                though they be from places you might not expect,
                query not and disincline yourself from being wary,
                for it will break the heart of the one you reject.

This is rather slapdash, but i can keep working or others can improve on it

And edit to add I think blumchenkinder blew mine away

Comment

"There's so many questions, so little time;
                  none can be answered,
                  by those that you meet,
                  save by thy wandering feet."
                  better yet... maybe i can combine my two...
                  EDIT: chanlin, you can call me teh.
                  Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 09-23-2011, 03:44 AM.

Comment

hurmm...
                    "No question from thy lovely mouth
                    No query from thine hand
                    no stranger's voice
                    only thy choice
                    will lead you to what you seek.
                    Only the feet that wander, not the heart,
                    will ever have the answers."
                    >_>
                    (gee I hope I used those correctly...)

Comment

>_> So which one did you choose? /begs for feedback
                      How did it go? Was it fun?

Comment

Working...
                      X