This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the nature of your emergency.

I'm a 911 call taker and police dispatcher, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain, I can't say -where- I work.

Regardless, the boundless stupidity of the general public will never cease to amaze me, or infuriate me, or lower my opinion of the "average" human being.

!

I can't imagine the level of stupid that 911 attracts...can't wait to find out!!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Welcome,

I to have a Police related job and have the greatest respect for the control room staff (what dispatchers are called in the UK), I know I could never deal with half of what you guys go through.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

My mom worked in an emergency room, so she saw only 1/3 to 1/2 of what you guys see. Based on her 'war' stories, I can only shudder.

And ask, have you heard the 'bambulance' 911 call?It was being played on the radio around here, a few years ago at least.
        I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow dispatcher/operater
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
          X