Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 22 years and 21 straight wins....

...The streak is over.

I'm in shock.

Mod Edit: This is a wrestlemania video.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 04-08-2014, 06:50 PM. Reason: added description

Heard about this earlier (didn't watch).

Probably a good sign the 'Taker is going to retire soon. Considering how long he was active I wouldn't be surprised. Kind of sad that it's to Lesnar, since my opinion on him is quite low.

What did you think of the match?
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Hate to sound like a lot of SC's, but ... unless something amazing happens.. I won't be watching it again.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Now they need to give Brock Lesnar a title shot. That'll make Paul Heyman more obnoxious than he's ever been....LOL!

Comment

You guys do know wrestling is fake and scripted in advance, right?

Comment

Yep. Lol. It is worse then most soap operas. Still entertaining to watch.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

From what I read, it was actually Undertaker's decision to lose to Lesnar.

Wonder what's gonna happen on Raw tonight.

I'll admit, I've "marked out" before, but in the end, I know the winner is pre-determined.

I wouldn't exactly call it fake. They really do drop each other. Yeah, a lot of the holds aren't applied with full (sometimes very little) force, and such, but guys legitimately get hurt.

Ask Mick Foley how fake wrestling is.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                You guys do know wrestling is fake and scripted in advance, right?
                The stories may be fake but those are REAL wrestling moves that they pull off. There's a reason why it says "Don't try this at home" just before it starts. IF you're not trained like they are & try those moves then you can be seriously injured. They know what they're doing to avoid getting hurt.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  I wouldn't exactly call it fake. They really do drop each other. Yeah, a lot of the holds aren't applied with full (sometimes very little) force, and such, but guys legitimately get hurt.

Ask Mick Foley how fake wrestling is.
                  Actually, Cracked.com has an excellent article about this topic.
                  A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I know in years past that the Undertaker would train and 'rehearse' for months before his WM match. But last night he just looked gassed and out of breath early on in the match. Almost like he was out of shape.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                      I know in years past that the Undertaker would train and 'rehearse' for months before his WM match. But last night he just looked gassed and out of breath early on in the match. Almost like he was out of shape.
                      Probably because he got knocked loopy early in the match.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        He did? I guess that would explain it. That's too bad because they should have had such an awesome match with all kinds of UFC/MMA stuff.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                          He did? I guess that would explain it. That's too bad because they should have had such an awesome match with all kinds of UFC/MMA stuff.
                          Yeah, the word is he suffered a concussion from an early spot in the match.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            I saw a clip on YouTube where if you listen carefully before the final F5 you can actually hear Taker tell Lesnar to do it.

I read somewhere too that Taker basically called the spots in the match, and it was his decision to end the streak. And really only between 4 and 6 people backstage knew it was going to happen.

I saw his WM30 entrance. He went back to the trenchcoat and hat, which I liked. He had a hat band and his trenchcoat actually had some decoration and some color to it, not the usual black one.

Comment

There was an article I stumbled across somewhere that claimed that Lesnar's job is now actually in jeopardy for going off-script just to be an ass or whatever, but I couldn't find anything to back it up >_>

I'm actually more inclined to believe the 'Taker told him to do it, myself.

Scripted show? Well, sure. Absolutely. The industry has long since publically dropped any pretense about that. But it's still a FUN show. That's the point And yes, those buggers work for those physiques put in the practice needed to pull that stuff off safely. I just see it as acting with a more physical bent. I know what I'm getting when I watch rasslin', just as I do when I watch a drama show. As long as the end result is good, and the people providing the entertainment know what they're doing, I'm satisfied.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X