This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casablanca

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

"I came to Casablanca for the waters."
    "The waters, what waters? We're in the desert."
    "I was misinformed."

"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

To Have and Have Not

Lauren Bacall: "You know how to whistle don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."

Lauren Bacall: "Giver her my love."
    Bogie, looking at Bacall's slinky dress: "I'd give her my own if she was wearing that."

Babylon 5:
    "I am Susan Ivanova, Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, goddammit! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me. "

Aliens
    "I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Anger is a gift.

-Zack de la Rocha (former lead singer of Rage Against the Machine)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

"To this world I'm unimportant,
        just because I have nothing to give
        So you call this 'Your Free Country',
        tell me why it costs so much to live"

--From "Duck and Run" by 3 Doors Down
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

Love is a disease invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn. - Rimmer (Red Dwarf)

Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we'll be back to the days of cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner. - Blackadder

Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters. - The Shining
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life. God sent us.
            Romper Stomper
            It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
            Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
            So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

"After more than 2000 years I can still be surprised. In this I see god." - Godric from the HBO show Trueblood.

Comment

"Who knows we may all get to Heaven and be staring at a giant Budha screaming 'oh shit'"

"We know there's a Hell because Jesus said there's one, but he never said anyone was in it"

Quote from "The Waiter" www.waiterrant.net

Comment

All from Dog Soldiers (excellent movie)

"I'm not about to break radio silence cos you lot got spooked by a dead flying fucking cow!"

"Little Pigs, little pigs we've come to nick your video"

Sergeant Harry Wells: My guts are out Coop!
                  Cooper: We'll just put 'em back in then!
                  Sergeant Harry Wells: They're not gonna fucking fit!
                  Cooper: Of course they'll fit, man!

Wells: If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya. Because we're firing blanks doesn't mean we have to be thinking nice thoughts. So you remember, you keep the fire down, right, you get stuck in and you kick their fucking teeth out, or I guarantee you, Joe, they will be eating your bollocks for breakfast, sunshine.
                  Terry: Hard-boiled or fried, Sarge?
                  Wells: Scrambled.

"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch. "

"Then we get some of them. Its a shit load better than none of them and a marked improvement on all of us. "

"Spoon: So this bloke walks into a pub right, with a little dog under his arm. Puts it down on the bar, goes and sits down. The bar-tender's lookin' at him thinking "what the fuckin' hell's goin' on here?". Then he looks back at the dog, and to his surprise the dog turns around and...
                  [Dead cow drops into camp]
                  Cooper: Fuckin' cow.
                  Spoon: Fuckin' hell.
                  [Terry fires at it]
                  Wells: Cease fire, Terry. Cease fire.
                  Joe: Terry, what the hell are you doin'? You're firing blanks man.
                  Wells: Is everyone all right? Is everyone OK?
                  Spoon: Nah, man, I think I've shit meself. "

Hell 90% of that movie makes excellent quotes.
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Captain Jack Harkness: Okay, this can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon, and a triple-fold sonic disruptor. Doc, what you got?
                    The Doctor: I've got a sonic, er, never mind.
                    Captain Jack Harkness: What?
                    The Doctor: It's sonic, okay, let's leave it at that.
                    Captain Jack Harkness: Disruptor? Cannon? What?
                    The Doctor: It's sonic, totally sonic. I am soniced up!
                    Captain Jack Harkness: A sonic what?
                    The Doctor: Screwdriver!
                    Captain Jack Harkness: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
                    The Doctor: I do!
                    Captain Jack Harkness: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Ooh, this could be a little more sonic"?
                    The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

--From Doctor Who, "The Doctor Dances"
                    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                    --StanFlouride

Comment

• “I don’t have to be petty, Mr. Godot, the universe does that for me.” – The Prime Mover to Buck Godot in The Gallimaufry by Phil Foglio.

“The sun shines on anyone that's got enough sense to get out in it.” – Dave Gardner

“Isn’t being born again somehow saying that God didn’t get you right the first time?” Beauty in Beauty by Sherri Tepper.

“You're a man haunted by those two most terrible words, What If?” – Über-Morlock in The Time Machine (2002).

“Kill them all, God will know his own.” – Arnold of Citeaux, Papal Legate at the siege of Béziers, 1209, in the Albigensian Crusade.

“The only good I can see in a demonstration of the truth of ‘Spiritualism’ is to furnish an additional argument against suicide. Better live a crossing-sweeper than die and be made to talk twaddle by a ‘medium’ hired at a guinea a séance.” T. H. Huxley in a letter to the London Dialectical Society on 29 January 1869.

“And those who burn the candle at both ends can always work in an extra piece.” – From Dear Abby.

“He’s an engineer. He may not be right, but he’s never wrong.” – My wife about me.

“Modern deities for modern times.” – Me about my belief in the Parking Gods.

“I’m available, never free.” – Buck Godot in Buck Godot Zap Gun For Hire by Phil Foglio.

“If it ain't broke, don’t fix it.” – Engineering axiom.

“If it works, it’s right.” – Engineering axiom.

“Necessity may have been the mother of invention, but laziness was the father.” – Me.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Rimmer: Oh ha, ha!
                        Lister: Rimmer, people who say 'ha, ha' have no sense of humour, they can't think of a witty retort.
                        Rimmer: (pause) Oh ha, ha!

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac" - George Carlin

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

• "We're gonna play real quiet on the verse, and then come in real loud on the chorus." - Kurt Cobain

"To be equal you have to add or subtract, and I never liked math." - Marilyn Manson

Stevo: Do you love her?
                          Bob: I don't know. I'd have to think about that.
                          Stevo: It's not really a thinking question. - SLC punk, one of my all time fav. movies

I have way too many more fav. quotes but i'll cut it off @ 3.
                          Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

• I just stumbled upon this one tonight, and couldn't resist posting it!

"Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you."
                            — Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister of Motörhead

--StanFlouride

Comment

• Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

(from the bottom of an email my mom just sent me)
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• (All from Family Guy)

Stewie: Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! Big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.

Chris: Hey little dude, how about some ice cream?
                                Stewie: Yes I could go for a frozen treat right about now. But no sprinkles. And for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabites. It says, 'Oooooo.'
                                Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X