Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Sandman View Post
I have a feeling someone may be fired after everything is said and done...
After all this much trouble I would certainly hope so. And even if not you know they have a bulls-eye permanently mounted on their back...

Old 03-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Sandman View Post
I have a feeling someone may be fired after everything is said and done...
I am wondering about that. Now, my former boss is off his probationary period, and is protected rather strongly, so it would take a LOT of paperwork to fire him, and hearings ect.

. . .and I'm wondering if the evidence in this case and this entire mess is being processed now by the Director and lawyers as the start of such a paper trail to terminate or demote him.

It would account for the explosive reaction he had to the news of the settlement too, if he was told at the same time that due to the settlement and its costs to the agency and the violations of the law he caused that they are trying to fix, that they are going to start the paperwork to demote or terminate him.

It would be long paperwork, and very involved paperwork and take 6 months to a year to do it. . .but they could start it, and the Director of the agency sending the file on my issue to the senior counsel for that entire branch of the government would be a way to start the process.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Having worked for the gov't for a while, I can say that "violations of the law" is just about the only way for a Federal government employee to be fired. Mere incompetence certainly isn't a reason, and costing the Agency (and the taxpayers) money is almost what they are there to do anyway.

But if you break the law, that is greatly frowned upon and can very easily result in termination.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Front End Supervisor

It's a week later, still waiting on the call from the attorney to go sign the final deal.

I'm hoping they didn't run into any snags at the last level of approval, or that the budget cuts our state government is facing are making the settlement harder to approve.

If I don't hear anything by this afternoon I'm seriously thinking about calling the attorney to check on what's happening.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Noli nothis permittere te tere

Definitely call, squeaky wheel gets the grease

Old 03-16-2016, 07:57 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Kiwi View Post
Definitely call, squeaky wheel gets the grease
Just called. Got her desk, call went to voice mail and left a message. Guess she's out of the office, which would at least explain why I hadn't heard anything.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:07 PM
Front End Supervisor

. . .and just got a callback. Attorney at the State Gov's HR office has agreed to all the terms of the agreement, no problems, there is just a procedural disagreement between the lawyers on how to word one single clause, relating to asking the Personnel Board to drop the pending action so it doesn't go on the record. They are arguing over if that can that even be in the agreement that I agree to drop the complaint, or can it instead just be that both parties recommend to drop it, basically figuring out how to best word the part of the settlement that tries to keep it all off the books.

You'd think that it would be a pretty boilerplate thing, but from the sounds of it, they don't have settlements like this very often. They usually settle before there's a recommended judgement (so it didn't get this far), so my situation is slightly unusual in that regard.

The positive takeaway is that everyone has agreed to all the basic terms: Nobody in any of the offices that has reviewed it has objected to me getting my job back, back pay, seniority, ect. Now they are just bickering over how to word one clause relating to keeping this whole mess from going on the record (which is a very lawyer thing to do I guess).

Old 03-16-2016, 08:27 PM
Chairman of the Board

Something for which your ex-boss had better be grateful for, something like this will mark him as poison for any other job anywhere!

Old 03-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Member of the T Plush fan club

This was epic.
3rd shift needs love, too
RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Old 03-21-2016, 11:41 PM
Escapee

Wow. I'd been following this sporadically but missed many of this year's updates. I'm so glad, silverstaff!

I wonder if it's too late to ask for one more condition: An apology. If not from the jerk who started this whole mess, then from the agency that let him get away with it.
Closed Thread