This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Not being rude to plus size, but if you are plus size, do NOT wear short shorts, crop tops or clothes that are at least three sizes too small. Just cuz you can squeeze your fat arse into size twelve shorts, does not make you a size twelve.
    There's a saying among SF convention goers that applies here:

"spandex is a privilege, not a right."

Comment

Last summer a girl, college age, came in wearing a very loosely knit shirt over a bra. The kind of shirt that might be worn to a nightclub, it was completely see through... She was thin, decent looking, but it still wasn't appropriate, at least not in a fabric store in the pacific northwest.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Last summer a girl, college age, came in wearing a very loosely knit shirt over a bra. The kind of shirt that might be worn to a nightclub, it was completely see through... She was thin, decent looking, but it still wasn't appropriate, at least not in a fabric store in the pacific northwest.
        Reminds me of one customer who had some sort of scarf tied around her bosom. The scarf was part gauze, part see-through mesh...and she had the scarf tied wrong so the mesh was over one breast. I am not joking. She was basically walking around with the entire world able to see her bare breast through the mesh.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Girls have taken the stupid crop top trend here and gone bananas with it. It's just disgusting.

A few years back, it was cool to wear those with layering tanktops under. On a body like mine, it would make you look taller and thinner. But now, skin tight shirts that barely cover your boobs.....sorry, no.

And I can't wear dusters or anything cascading. It makes me look about 3 years pregnant from the side view.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Only in Wisconsin does 40-degree weather bring such joy and such bad fashion decisions from the people.
            Ha! It's here in New Mexico, too. It's warmed up, for good I think, this week. ABQ is in the mid-60s, further south, it's warmer. You should see some of the fashion crimes going on.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Not being rude to plus size, but if you are plus size, do NOT wear short shorts, crop tops or clothes that are at least three sizes too small. Just cuz you can squeeze your fat arse into size twelve shorts, does not make you a size twelve.
            I don't know who it was, but I've heard this many times. "Dress for the size you are, not the size you want to be."

Quoth fireheart View Post
            OK, maybe that should also have an addendum "Please dress for your age."

My mother does not own a pair of shorts, despite no longer being plus size (she's gone from a Size 20 when I was 5 to a size 14)
            What does that even mean? And who's to decide what you're "supposed" to wear at what age? I'm 45 and I still get carded on a regular basis. I have a friend who's 50 and looks like she's 30. My parents are 71 and 80, neither look, or act, their age. They both wear, and look good in, shorts in the summer.

If it looks good on you, who cares how old you are?
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Confession time: I weigh 215 pounds at the present moment. Yet, I still get hit on at the beach by college boys half my age. The trick is to dress in a way that flatters the body you have, not the one you want! Now granted, some of my clothes are way too tight, as I've gained 25 pounds in the last year for a variety of reasons, and I'd gotten rid of all my larger clothes from when I weighed 260, so I was making do with what I had until I could buy a few pairs of jeans that actually fit, but still, I tried to chose tops that hid the fact that my jeans were two sizes too small instead of showing the world my belly fat.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Yeah, the first warm days around here bring out the interesting fashion choices. And honestly, I don't care what size or gender you are..I do not want to see cracks, ass cheeks, everything but the nips (and sometimes those), or men in a wife beater with moobs (man boobs) and enough hair under their pits it looks like they are head locking a muppet. And now a days they make nice fashions for every size and shape..please, please people..acquaint yourself with your true size! I am just as repulsed by a stick person in inappropriate clothing (the meth heads in town love their bikini tops and daisy dukes gaaaah!!) as I am by a hearty laddie or lass with a gut hanging out
                Last edited by registerrodeo; 03-11-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                  men in a wife beater with moobs (nam boobs) and enough hair under their pits it looks like they are head locking a muppet.
                  BTW, this is why I wear tanktops as undershirts only.

I'm 34 and still get carded virtually every time I buy alcohol. I look gooooooood for my age.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I still remember that fashion for low slung jeans... *shudder* It was adopted by people who really ought to have known that a muffin top teamed with a builder's cleavage is NOT attractive.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm not exactly a toothpick myself (5'6" and 260lbs, wearing size 18-22 depending on the cut), and I'm creeping up on 43. I don't understand the whole 'dressing your age' thing and I never have. I dress to suit my size and shape, still get IDed, still get hit on by people, and whatnot. I think that dressing for the body you have is some of the most important clothing advise out there, and if somebody 'old' has the body to get away with something that some people consider 'too young' for them, fuck the nay sayers.

Comment

it's more along the lines of how old you look- basically, you might have looked good in it 20 years ago, but do you still look good in it today? ( if you do? then fine, wear it)

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                          Yeah, the first warm days around here bring out the interesting fashion choices. And honestly, I don't care what size or gender you are..I do not want to see cracks, ass cheeks, everything but the nips (and sometimes those), or men in a wife beater with moobs (man boobs) and enough hair under their pits it looks like they are head locking a muppet.

And speaking of excess hair, if you wear a bikini out in public, please for the love of DOG . . . shave!

NOBODY wants to see that you are smuggling Chewbacca in the Southern Hemisphere, okay?

And, as Jeff Foxworthy would put it: we don't mind that you have a spare tire, but we do ask you to keep in the GARAGE.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

And speaking of excess hair, if you wear a bikini out in public, please for the love of DOG . . . shave!

NOBODY wants to see that you are smuggling Chewbacca in the Southern Hemisphere, okay?
                            I'm deleting my min-rant, which shouldn't go here. I am not of the same opinion, that's all.
                            Last edited by notalwaysright; 03-12-2015, 12:17 AM.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I've seen girls wear things that should be to nightclubs at church. Body hugging minidresses, TALL high heels. Don't mean to generalize but why girls, why? The worst I saw was an over weight girl wearing a black bra in all its lacy glory and something that wasn't a shirt over it. IDK what it was. It looked like white tissue paper. :\
                              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                                I've seen girls wear things that should be to nightclubs at church. Body hugging minidresses, TALL high heels. Don't mean to generalize but why girls, why? The worst I saw was an over weight girl wearing a black bra in all its lacy glory and something that wasn't a shirt over it. IDK what it was. It looked like white tissue paper. :\
                                Some of the things that got caught on the gas station video were like this. I had a driver off one time. I pulled the video and then called the local cops. An officer arrived and I gave him a good description of the car, the license plate number AND ( and yes I did show the cop the footage) I even told him the color of her clothes AND the color of her underwear because she was wearing a less than gause thin top and skirt that clearly showed her under things on camera.
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X