This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's BAAAAACK ...

Some time ago I wrote about the Social Justice Warrior Customer. We have a "points" card and it is routine for the cashiers to ask for it with every transaction. The overwhelming majority of us -- if the customer simply says "No" -- say "Okay" and proceed with the transaction. I've never heard anybody try to push for the customer to get one of the cards (yes, they're free) and I certainly don't.

Apparently this is not enough for SJWC. When she is asked for the card she immediately assumes a dramatic pose and says "I refuse to participate in this blah blah blah". I hate to tell her, but nobody is going to stand her up against a wall and offer her a last cigarette for her brave stance against a stupid points card.

So I hadn't seen her in a LONG time and assumed she was doing click-and-collect or something.

Nope.

She turned up in my line today. Of course, with the face masks (she was also wearing a sun hat, pulled low) it is going to be damn near impossible to recognize her in future (thanks COVID, you bastard!)

So I asked for the card and she went into her spiel. I was in no mood for it and cut her off mid-dramatic-speech with "$11.47, please." She shut up, paid, and left.

I later called a senior person over and said "If you get a report that I was rude to a customer ... I plead guilty." She just laughed, even though I had no chance to explain exactly what happened.
    Last edited by Pixelated; 07-03-2020, 02:42 PM.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Just say no to cards

I get asked all the time at different stores, I just say "NO", and they leave me alone. What is hard about that?

Comment

Nothing says "I don't get paid enough to care" when you just continue like you didn't hear anything they said.

Comment

How hard is it for some people to simply say "no" and continue on with life? I get being asked about reward cards, upgraded memberships, upgraded warranties, etc is annoying as anything, but it's the cashier's job to ask for it -- just say "no, thank you" and move on with life. So much easier for everyone involved.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

"No thank you," "Not right now," are my go to phrases.

I'mg lad I'm not a cashier. So far the one good thing about COVID is that at least it's helped to cut down on the "Million dollars" responses whenever I ask if I can help someone find anything.
          Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
          X