X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Josh View Post
    wish you luck.

They're not the ones being threatened.

Weird how there's always ample budget for security 'teams' at the corporate offices but never for 'one' guard for a store that truly needs one.

I forsee: A well practiced quasi-concerned frown (ambigous enough that you will not be able to discern wheter is a concern for your safety or how 'you' allowed the escalation by failing to provide excellent customer service) followed by a rapid budget 101 speech, capped with ways 'you' could improve your customer service skills to ensure you difuse these situations by 'killing them with kindness'.
    Yeah that "Kill them with kindness" thing went over real well for the driver at my store who got the shit kicked out of him (not lying here) for not having any money on his person during a robbery attempt.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      That made me see the words "NIGHT SHIFT" in those long, droopy letters that look like they're melting, in a nasty slime green color, black background, lightning bolts, people screaming...
      Hey, if reading Gravekeeper's shift reports didn't convince me this is true, I don't think anything could.
      "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
      Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Yeah that "Kill them with kindness" thing went over real well for the driver at my store who got the shit kicked out of him (not lying here) for not having any money on his person during a robbery attempt.
        And let me guess, corporate policy is that drivers cannot be armed in any way (no guns, no rebar, no tazer, no mace/pepper spray, etc). Can't have our highly visible victims employees protect themselves from expensive medical bills and pitiful workmans comp/death open the company up to liability.

The customer is always right. Not everyone who tries to buy something should be considered a customer.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
          The customer is always right. Not everyone who tries to buy something should be considered a customer.
          The way I see it, they're not a customer until the money is exchanged (purchase made). Crazy Can Lady is not a 'customer'; she hogs/breaks the bottle machines, grazes on produce (why has nobody banned her for that?), and scares the normal people.

Some nights, I wish I was armed (we were waiting for the SCs on the OP stories to get violent). I've seen return scammers get loud and on the edge of actually throwing things. If an SC wants to complain that I walked away, fine. I'm not running the risk that saying something (no matter how benign) is going to set them off.

I think that the majority of the nuts we get have been banned from the other stores within public transit distance and so darken our door because they know we don't have security that can stop them.

OldSM actually looked like he could take someone down. The new guy...no.
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-21-2013, 01:11 PM.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
            And let me guess, corporate policy is that drivers cannot be armed in any way (no guns, no rebar, no tazer, no mace/pepper spray, etc). Can't have our highly visible victims employees protect themselves from expensive medical bills and pitiful workmans comp/death open the company up to liability.

Right in one guess.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
              Either that or "Thanks for your feedback, we'll look into it *toilet flush*"
              I think that's what happened. According to the DM, as long as there isn't an actual 'incident' (not sure what constitutes such; maybe only when the police are called and it's documented?) then it never happened My phone does have video capability, but if one of our SCs saw themselves being recorded...

ASM did say he'd talk with me about it, whatever that means. He knows shit's been happening (especially regarding return scammers and thieves).
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
              X