This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They never used it? Really?

Hmm, so the customer got internet from us and they are claiming they never used it and called us to cancel it ages ago, although they cannot remember the exact date! No payments ever made, now suspended for payment and they want a refund of ALL charges. Okay, let me take a look!

Okay, tell the customer they have been averaging 1 TB of data a month and that goes right until the day they were suspended. BZZT, no refund! Thank you for playing.

Log files

I don't understand why people use computers but don't think people who knows more about the machines can't check their claims.

When I was a computer tech I was told over and over by customers that the computer has not worked for months and no-one could use it.

One quick look at the directories shows time stamps for the time the computer was not supposed to be working. Many times right up to the day before often I could see.

Comment

I get this all time with cell phones too.

One lady tried to get away with it by saying “oh my 4 year old was probably just tapping on stuff and did it.”

Yeah, right. I’m sure that’s exactly how you went 7GB over your plan.

The Unlimited plans have made these calls a little rarer but they are still annoying.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

1 TB of data per month? What the f@ck was he doing??
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

That's several people doing lots of stuff, someone running a server, or a *really* busy torrenter.

Personally, I'd love to have a TB of highspeed data per month. Currently, I've got Red Checkmark mobile data with a wifi hotspot thing going. 16 GB of 50Mb speed. Afterwards... yeah, about that speed. Hope you brought along a good book while you wait for your stuff to download.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
            *Looks at internet summary from bill*

I plead the 5th

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              1TB a month?? Easy. We are in Australia, pay $80 p/m for unlimited 25/5 internet, so, pretty slowish.
              I have a digital set top box that can run netflix, etc that I have probably plugged in, maybe 5 times in the last year that can use a fair amount of bandwidth if I chose to use it.
              My partner does online gaming. I browse whatever takes my fancy at that point in time, and run youtube on a second monitor (only at 360 quality)
              This is all just all general usual activity without downloading or torrenting.
              It has only nearly been a year since we have had such fast internet, the NBN network upgrade had a large impact in speed for us, but I think that the biggest impact for us was changing providers. With our last provider, we would use 198GB max, mainly due to our maximum speed was 5 Mbps, on a sunny day, where the wind was from the west, and you had all your fingers and toes crossed.
              Basically, the only reason that i stayed with the old provider is that they had the best price for unlimited usage internet, anyone else, we would have been paying quite a substantial amount more for a lot less internet. Our former provider also has quite a reputation for continuing to charge customers after the customers have left for other providers. In my case, I chose to leave them, with perfect timing - I thought, the month after my credit card expired, and I paid my last bill with a different payment method (traceble, with documentation and reciepts). I did not update my payment methods with them, but the company managed to charge my card anyway.

wow, that got longer than I thought, but, with semi-decent speed, I can quite easily see how people can use a fair amount of data easily without any "other" activities

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                Just have a family, that'd do it instantly when you've got 3 people watching different things on Netflix at the same time... in high definition.

Comment

I got a little confused at first because I thought we were talking about mobile data caps, and I've never heard of one that high! I have 30GB/mo and barely dent it nowadays (it's grandfathered from an old contract, downgrading would cost me more so I keep it for just-in-cases.)

I'm not sure my home line speed would even allow me to download 1TB in a month, but if it did then I probably would...
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I have used around 850 GB this Month with 3 persons and we are alld doing a lot of netflix an gaming ... gaming itself does not need that much, but game-updates are big these days.
                    Native German, so my writing might be a bit ... special. I try my best to get better

Comment

Quoth Zeddi View Post
                      I have used around 850 GB this Month with 3 persons and we are alld doing a lot of netflix an gaming ... gaming itself does not need that much, but game-updates are big these days.

That they do, according to my brother, who is a chronic gamer. IIRC, it took several hours to download the upgrade pack for Destiny 2 when it came out some time ago. And this was on a cable internet connection.

Which we just switched back in May and left Looney Toons (after they were taken over by Acme and jacked up the monthly bill, but I digress) and we are now with Death Star Universe. We'll see how long it takes with the next upgrade pack (which I think is supposed to come out pretty soon.)
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I just checked, and last month I used 500 GB. I used that in the couple hours in between being at work and being asleep. I guess on the weekends I do stream Netflix a lot more. I stream in 720p. Anyway, super possible to hit 1 TB.

But jeez, if there was some problem with getting charged for something you weren't using, wouldn't a normal sane person deal with it instead of waiting then fighting the charges later? Oh right, we aren't dealing with sane people here.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                        X