Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit! I'd so have been arrested because I'd have gone over that counter after her...

Comment

Honestly I was so stunned by the whole thing that I couldn't think to do much of anything, but since the manager was there I didn't really have to. I mean, I've seen customer tantrums and had them throw stuff, but never anything heavy and never AT me... no wait, I take that back. A guy threw a coupon at me once. That slip of paper was very intimidating. Really.

Comment

I've never had a customer throw anything at me *touches wood* but then, I'm English. XD Maybe English SCs are more restrained? Or they seem to prefer damaging store property to store employees, like "Bitch be crazy" who threw a pump nozzle on the ground cuz of her personal tantrum.

I think it really is "Bitch Week". O_o
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I get SCs throwing coupons at me all the time.

The worst I've had thrown at me when I was behind the desk (grabbing cigarettes for one of the late-night annoyances) was a pack of smokes because they were the 'wrong brand'...no that's what you told me.

ASM tossed the guy out without his smokes (but with his groceries; that had already been rung up and nobody wanted to do a cart of returns at 10:55).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm so glad you didn't get hit!!!!!!!! I've never had a customer throw anything at me but I've seen it before. I wonder what it is about walking into a retail store that makes some people think rules and laws no longer exist for them since they are the customer?! Seriously, would that crazy bitch walk out on the street and start flinging soup cans at everyone who made her unhappy? Would she go home and attempt to brain her husband/kids/dog/cat/whatever with said soup can if they piss her off? Nope, only in a store. Now I realize some people do do these kinds of things at home but you know what I mean, right?

Comment

I'm a little surprised that no one tried to put her under Citizens Arrest for Attempted Assault (A class C felony in a number of places unless I am mistaken).

A trip in a police car in matching bracelets would have fixed her wagon pretty quickly
              Violets are blue,
              Roses are red,
              I bequeath to thee...
              A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                You've cursed yourself now. I've had people do this in machine shops where coolant and metal shavings are flying in a five-foot radius. When a speshul snowflake thinks their problem is paramount, it doesn't matter what dangers stand in their way. It's almost like they think it's an epic quest, and all the hurdles just confirm the righteousness of their cause.
                I think it was on this site, but my Google-Fu is weak - there was someone who worked at a meat packing plant with a small associated retail shop, and some idiot customer misheard the directions and blundered onto the kill floor. The color was already draining from his face when some guy decked out head-to-toe in safety equipment screamed at him to get the hell out of the building right now.

Ring a bell? (I got distracted by the shiny the second time I went looking; if I run another search I may never emerge.)

Comment

I HATE people who throw stuff! This was the reason I left my last job. Some guy got angry at me for something that was NO business of his. He threw a plate, a can of hot dogs and a big bottle of floor cleaner at me. All missed, thankfully.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                    I think it was on this site, but my Google-Fu is weak - there was someone who worked at a meat packing plant with a small associated retail shop, and some idiot customer misheard the directions and blundered onto the kill floor. The color was already draining from his face when some guy decked out head-to-toe in safety equipment screamed at him to get the hell out of the building right now.

Ring a bell? (I got distracted by the shiny the second time I went looking; if I run another search I may never emerge.)
                    Perhaps you are recalling the tale of the attempted robbery at a slaughterhouse posted about 6 years ago?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Glad that SC missed--did she really believe that the flying missile would alter reality...never mind, I just answered. Too bad the police weren't called for that. Tell me you have this on video. I'm glad to see the manager had your back and banned that
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Perhaps you are recalling the tale of the attempted robbery at a slaughterhouse posted about 6 years ago?
                        You know, I believe you may be on to something. Of course, there are parts of that epic that don't trigger memories, but it certainly sounds like the one. Either way, cheers.

(Just wrote a lengthy chapter set in a similar workplace, so I probably had it in mind as well...)

Comment

Working...
                        X