X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are times when I.......

ABSOLUTELY HATE

internet orders. There is a reason why most, if not ALL food places that provide internet ordering service SEND YOU AN E_MAIL order verification complete with a DETAIL part DETAILING your order AND give you at least 1 or 2 chances to review you order BEFORE you even submit your order for processing.

Busy night tonight.

I get dispatched on a double. The first one goes off without a hitch. The 2d one is a HUMUNGO box special (loaded pizzas) and nothing else.

I get to the door, ring the doorbell and wait. A guy answers and we proceed with the transaction. He signs the CC slip (lite tip) and I hand him the Humungo box special. Then he exclaims "WE ordered a soda with this." I inform him that there is no soda on the ticket.

"WELL I know the wife ordered a soda"

I point him to the receipt and indicate there IS NOT A SODA on the ticket.

"WELL hold on and wait a minute. I gotta discuss this with the wife. She said she ordered a soda.

He turns and closes the door. Now we were still busy at this time so I do NOT have a lot of time to waste. I wait for a minute or two then decide to leave. sorry I am NOT standing out in the freezing cold basically able to DO NOTHING to satisfy the customer.

By the time I got back the WIFE has called and 1) said I was rude at the door and 2) that she is certain she ordered a 2-liter of soda she is certain she "hit the button for a 2-liter.

they got a FREE 2-liter out of the deal

NO ASSHOLE I am not the Amazing Kreskin as I can NOT read your microbe sized brain, I am NOT Jedi Knight who can pull a 2-liter outta my ass or be able levitate a 2-liter from 2 miles away.

earlier I had a Road Rage story that I will put there.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

It doesn't matter if she thought she ordered it. If it isn't on the ticket, she didn't pay for it! Ugh.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Perhaps it is because my manager has a spine, but if a customer says they ordered something they didnt pay for then he makes them pay for it. 9/10 times they say never mind. But that last 1/10 happily pays for it.

Comment

Ah the internet.... Supposed to make things easier for us, isn't it? I deliver as well, and I have my fair share of problems, such as
        "I thought I paid by credit card" when they clicked on the button to send the order, and didn't realize there was another screen they had to go to in order to finish the entire transaction.
        "I wanted crushed red pepper and parmesan cheese" Not sure if there's a way to ask for that on the net. Again, calling us is very simpler.
        Or just phone orders in general, mixed up with internet orders, such as a guy who bitched at our store because he had placed his order online, then I guess he decided to order something else, because by the time I had gotten there, he was asking me about something that was missing with his order. After talking to management, we finally figure out why the missing food did not come with the original order

Comment

Not that there's any excuse for the customer's behavior if they screw up their own internet order, but in about the last 6 orders I've called in to local pizza places, when I've ordered sodas they either:

a. give me regular instead of Diet Coke.

b. give me 1 instead of 2 sodas

c. neglect to add the soda to the order at all

Drives me batty. I now have to practically get the person taking the order to repeat that I'm getting x number of Diet Cokes to make sure they arrive properly.

Comment

A local chinese place told me to call in my order, because when I order over the internet, the service phones in the order to the restaurant anyway. The reason I don't call the restaurant is because I LIKE being able to see exactly what I'm buying, what the cost is and I don't have to deal with language barrier or accent. Guess I'm weird that I actually READ what I'm buying before I click the checkout button.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
              ordered something they didnt pay for then he makes them pay for it.
              But barainga, Racket Man was ruuuuuuuddddddeeeee!!!! Really, they should have gotten their whole order for free (and that dang tip back, too!) with a couple of apologies and some gift certificates thrown in for good measure.

I wish there was a way for an outsider way to figure out what stores did this sort of crap on a regular basis. I'd boycott 'em. Not just because someone (the non-stupid) is paying for all the stuff they are giving away and I don't want to be that person, but because they are seriously interfering with natural selection.

Comment

I love Internet ordering; I'm a fussy sod, and it makes it SO much easier to get my pizza my way. On the odd occasion I've screwed up, I've dealt with it as my fault because it is.

I feel so sorry for you, especially not having managerial backup
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                  But that last 1/10 happily pays for it.
                  Probably because they really did mean to order it in the first place, and screwed up the order.

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
                  Ah the internet.... Supposed to make things easier for us, isn't it? I deliver as well, and I have my fair share of problems, such as
                  "I thought I paid by credit card" when they clicked on the button to send the order, and didn't realize there was another screen they had to go to in order to finish the entire transaction.
                  I've never been that stupid. I did unwittingly screw up an internet order last week. I didn't have time to grab lunch before going to work, so I ordered online. However, I forgot to change my phone number to my cell phone. That created a problem, because on the machine in the pizza shop, it truncated my office address.

Fast forward one hour. I call, find out what I've done. Oops. Of course, I don't go all sucky customer. I apologize, give the correct information. They refire for me (bonus!).

Still, the driver was surprised when I tipped him.

Why? I asked him. You didn't screw up. I did. If I'd left the right phone number they could have called me and straightened it out. (I did find two messages from the shop on my answering service when I got home.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  A local chinese place told me to call in my order, because when I order over the internet, the service phones in the order to the restaurant anyway. The reason I don't call the restaurant is because I LIKE being able to see exactly what I'm buying, what the cost is and I don't have to deal with language barrier or accent. Guess I'm weird that I actually READ what I'm buying before I click the checkout button.
                  I prefer internet ordering because I feel more secure with my credit card. The accent issues are a problem, too, with the Chinese places. I never order over the phone. However, the background noise is another turn off for phone orders. I hate shouting and repeating myself.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    It doesn't matter if she thought she ordered it. If it isn't on the ticket, she didn't pay for it! Ugh.
                    and I EXPLICTLY pointed that out to the husband at the door. But this bitch was so insistent that she ordered soda and that I was "rude at the door" AND I did not wait out in the freezing cold like a good little slave......

Quoth barainga View Post
                    Perhaps it is because my manager has a spine, but if a customer says they ordered something they didnt pay for then he makes them pay for it. 9/10 times they say never mind. But that last 1/10 happily pays for it.
                    It is not that our managers do not have a spine BUT franchise/corp. policy is that when the customer makes even the smallest complaint:

Give 'em free shit no questions asked
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      It is not that our managers do not have a spine BUT franchise/corp. policy is that when the customer makes even the smallest complaint:

"Give 'em free shit no questions asked"
                      ..... and this is precisely why customers are becoming more and more assholish with every passing day. It's also why profit margins continue to drop, justifying layoffs and budget cuts, which in turn leads to fewer employees, and greater workloads for those who don't get cut. Oh, and also, no raises.

I swear, people in the corporate offices today might as well pack it in and go home. They're not doing ANYTHING but making it worse. Some marketing strategies just confound me. A few years ago, Domino's brought back their '30 minute guarantee' - the same thing they did away with back in the late eighties or early nineties because it was causing drivers to operate unsafely, leading to at least one serious crash. But, did Domino's actually hire more drivers? I'm betting NO, which means they re-created the same nightmare scenario. Worse, in fact, because the pay structure today isn't nearly as good as it was back then. Granted, today they don't say 30 minutes OR FREE' anymore, but I'm betting they still lay the same penalties on the drivers who are late - even if they get the order only two minutes before the due time.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

I prefer internet ordering because I feel more secure with my credit card. The accent issues are a problem, too, with the Chinese places. I never order over the phone. However, the background noise is another turn off for phone orders. I hate shouting and repeating myself.
                        I wish Elizabeth's Pizza would allow Internet ordering . . . half the time I call I'm on my cell phone and I hear a lot of background noise, which makes it hard for both me and the order taker to hear.

Next time I go in there (hopefully this coming week . . need a pizza fix) I'll make that suggestion.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                          A few years ago, Domino's brought back their '30 minute guarantee' - the same thing they did away with back in the late eighties or early nineties because it was causing drivers to operate unsafely, leading to at least one serious crash. But, did Domino's actually hire more drivers? I'm betting NO, which means they re-created the same nightmare scenario. Worse, in fact, because the pay structure today isn't nearly as good as it was back then. Granted, today they don't say 30 minutes OR FREE' anymore, but I'm betting they still lay the same penalties on the drivers who are late - even if they get the order only two minutes before the due time.
                          A marketing strategy that has made me stop ordering from Dominos... kind of backfired for them there.
                          All it takes is getting cut off once by a driver trying desperately to make an unrealistic time promise to decide to never order from them.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                            A marketing strategy that has made me stop ordering from Dominos... kind of backfired for them there.
                            All it takes is getting cut off once by a driver trying desperately to make an unrealistic time promise to decide to never order from them.
                            Just curious, but did you just stop ordering from them, or did you e-mail corporate to tell them WHY you stopped ordering? If they don't know that a particular policy is costing them customers, they've got no reason to change it.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X